PVR not working properly
Hey Girls and Guys,

I am using Rpi3 with the newest Raspbian and Kodi 15.2 with the PVR IPTV Simple Client version 1.11.3.

My problem is the LiveTV. There are 3 Situations:

1) Everything is working -> Perfect!
2) The Tv is buffering every 5 Seconds and thats really frustrating (Also Drop and Skip was very high while the Problem existed)-> Therefore i changed the buffering Options in AdvancedSettings.xml . I think now its working
3) When i start a Tv-Channel the Video starts playing in a fast-forward mode but the Audio keeps normal speed.
This stays for like 5 Seconds. Then the Video starts to freez once per Second and the Audio keeps working normal, but 5 Seconds behind (delayed)

The CPU is not really used all the time, the GPU hast 512MB Ram and its not an Read/Write problem with the SD-Card.
I'm out of Ideas now.
I also tried to update the PVR Client (in the git the version is 2.xxx) but i couldnt really find a tutorial for this.

Could you please help me Blush
Don't you think this could be down to the source of your streams? Are they all legal and legitimate?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
They are all legal, yes.

Maybe the second Option is their Problem. Because of that i increased BufferSize so if there Server starts to lag i still have something in the Buffer.

But Option 3 is definitly my problem, because when i use Kodi with the exact same Stream on my Notebook (Ubuntu 15.10,Kodi 16,PVR client v.1.12.10) it works perfect Undecided
Have you tried to pause LiveTV for a 1-2 seconds and see if that helps?
The "Pause" button is grey and not usable. Only the "Stop" Button is working?!
(2016-03-21, 17:52)Peter Pan89 Wrote: They are all legal, yes.

Maybe the second Option is their Problem. Because of that i increased BufferSize so if there Server starts to lag i still have something in the Buffer.

But Option 3 is definitly my problem, because when i use Kodi with the exact same Stream on my Notebook (Ubuntu 15.10,Kodi 16,PVR client v.1.12.10) it works perfect Undecided

Best thing would be to submit a debug log.
Thx for the Link Dangelus.
I allready took a look in the LOG but i forgot to activate the Debug-Option.

I found this message repeating every second:
Using network protocols without global network initialization. Please use avformat_network_init()

Then i saw an Thread in the MXPlayer Forum with this problem and rememberd that i acitvated the MXPlayer under:
Settings -> Video -> Acceleration -> Allow hardware acceleration - OMXPlayer

I deactivated it , restarted and its working now.
But actually the second problem came back Big Grin

I now have again a lot of stuttering and the 'skip' and 'drop' rate is very high.
And my adavancedsettings.xml looks like this:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>65000000</cachemembuffersize>
<buffermode>0</buffermode>
</network>
<pvr>
<minvideocachelevel>120</minvideocachelevel>
<minaudiocachelevel>80</minaudiocachelevel>
</pvr>
</advancedsettings>

Do you have a hint for me or should i open a new Thread for this problem? ;-)
No need for a new thread, this is still open. I'd post a log for as the experts on the forums (not me) Smile
(2016-03-21, 18:56)Peter Pan89 Wrote: Do you have a hint for me
Sure...No Debug Log (wiki) = No assistance. Plain & simple.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR not working properly0