Video Quality
I notice I am getting a slight lag when playing local music videos of higher quality, 1080. But the weird thing is, it's not all 1080 vids, only certain ones.

Is there a setting to correct this?

I have a new zotac, I5, 8gb ram, quad core. And again, these are being played from c drive.
Anyone? Can someone suggest best advancedsettings.xml parameters for video?
Usually you don't need an advancedsetting.xml file, so best parms are the ones that work for you. From the first message I take it, that your audio is not in sync with the video? A couple of remedies, while playing a video there is an audio offset in the OSD, you can adjust it, then save for that one video or all videos, when you've discovered the sweet spot. The other option which might solve it for you would be in settings>video>playback>sync video to display 'just toggle it' and see what that does for you. On occasion I'll have the same issue, but it's usually the fault of my AVR, so I end up living with it.

It is possible that in some higher 1080p encodes, that your gfx processor just can't keep up, using the keyboard 'o' command you get to see where the bottle necks are. If you see 100% usage of the GPU or CPU or fetch issues, then you're gonna hit the wall with your hardware. A good way to check your video's is with MediaInfo (wiki) it's a supplemental program that will tell you the encode rate, and type so you know what will work and what doesn't. It's also possible to re-encode to the level your equipment likes with something like HandBrake (wiki)
I'm watching mainly music videos, so tailoring every item is not feasible. CPU usage is all under 30% on all 4 CPUs.

The sync is off, but that's cause the video is lagging. At first I thought it was HD videos, but then other just as HD work fine. The video rate of over 3000 KB/s on d: line of the 'o' command, some lag, some don't.

I did the sync audio and it did not help. Currently, I have everything set to auto.
Try switching to software acceleration settings>video>acceleration perhaps your GPU is not up to snuff.

This thread might offer a solution http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Quality0