v16 aeon nox 5 design issues
Exclamation 
hi all this is my first post wooP! wooP!
I am a newbie at this but I managed to get a build & repo up and running good.
the build had all the latest add-ons for movies tv sports the usual stuff, but no skin customisation Sad
but now I have tried for few weeks to get the customisations I want apart from a silly little text color on the top of the main menu :/ and hightlight or focus color doesn't work Sad
and a cd music widget Sad ... please someone help.

regards. .. scottie

p.s. anything else you think I might need Smile

cant get pic to show from drop box ?
You might want to get support where you got the dodgy build from. No support for these builds in this forum.
it was just kodi 16.1 with aeon nox skin with a few tweaks... not dodgy as it is my own.
just need a little pointer as to how I change the top menu text all to black, and change the top and botton main menu bar .pngs and how/what .xml to move them I need to edit is all Smile

cheers... scottie

oh ..ps .. the repo is mine as well Smile
surely someone knows how to do this ?
ok I have figured it out on how to change all the main bar text to black... just add a .xml file to your color folder Smile

all I heed to know is how to change the vertical position of the top menu text & the sub menu text.

thanks... scottie

and defo remove the upper & lower bars.. plz
plz can anyone help with the top and bottom nav bar background removal on the main menu, and the vertical positioning of the fore mentioned text within these areas.

plz plz plz

cheers... scottie
You need to look in the texture.xbt file for the nav bars, i posted this to another forum member on the next post below you on how to mod the pngs inside textures.

You can download a programme via your PC & it will extract the XBT files so you can see the PNG files inside, then put them back inside the xbt file & push to the kodi location, reboot then enjoy. You can find it via Google just type how to open .xbt files or I will later on check what it's called when I'm near my laptop again? Look here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201883

It's called KodiXBMC Texture tool, the files you want would be submenu_bar & submenu_end , if i am correct?

Press the thanks button or thank user button if this helped
thanks very much for the input...
but I have the programme for decompiling .xbt files and have changed it in my skin but it has not changed the top and bottom bars so I think its a fade or something.
I mean I have used xml loads of times and have been coding for awhile for different formats so I know a little ...lol
also the vertical position of the top text and bottom text I need to change but I don't know where to look.

any ideas greatly appreciated Smile

and when I finish my build can I have it on here ?... hope so

thanks... scottie

ps ... where is the thank button lol
If the screenshot in the first post is indicative of your 'build' then no, you can't have it on here and you are - to be perfectly honest - lucky your thread hasn't been closed. If you create a build that doesn't promote banned add-ons (wiki) that violate the forums rules (wiki) you agreed to when you registered here, though...
banned addons ?
what do you mean as if its not from the kodi repo?

thanks... scottie

I just want a skin change/edited ... the build I wont mention again sorry ... and my initial comment was about changing the look of kodi not about banned apps .. so why ban it ?
Compare the submenu links in the screenshot you provided to those in the link I provided - Pheonix and Sports Devil are both definitely on it (and others may be - or may violate the forums piracy policy (wiki) without being explicitly listed - they're just one's I'm conscious of). Of course, that's what's you're modding from - if your build doesn't violate the forum rules (wiki) you can post all you want about it. But the base you're using definitely can't be discussed here Smile

(edit: and those two add-ons, and possibly others, aren't from the official Kodi repo!)
then I am sorry that I have unknowingly did something wrong Sad
I also know most peeps don't read the forum rules as most are same sort of way.
I will discuss kodi 16.1 with aeon nox skin Smile

so the 2 issues that I have are:...
#1 even when I extract the xbt and recompile it [with my own single .png] I still get the 2 upper and lower bars Sad
#2 moving the info text vertically on upper and lower info areas Sad

any help be greatly appreciated ...

thanks... scottie
Make the png transparent? Or mod/change/delete the sub menu bar png where it points too in the Home.xml?
Sorry for the late delay as I have been unwell Sad
The editing of the home.xml did the treat thank you.

I just have one last issue tg Smile

I will explain what I did in my terms as I know it will sound weird.

basically what I did was change the color.xml so that all colors = FF000000, because that was the only way I could guarantee the top menu bar text was all black.

but now I have no highlight colour on main menu bar Sad

shoulda left it to the experts lol ... I getting old Smile

thanks for your help

scottie
If you want to make the highlight color you will find it in the color xml's & if you want it themed across the different colours when changing them in the home xml change the colors to theme color instead or (red, blue, green, pink) then when swapping themes it will match the current theme.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
aeon nox 5 design issues1