RasberryPi3 download not working
Hello again:
I was given a couple of RasberryPi3 boards and cases by my nephew and have been trying to download the Openelec 6.0.3 Pi3 build .

My equipment is as follows:
Rasberry Pi3 with case
16GB SD card by Lexar
All necessary cables and Power Supply

I succesfully download Openelec to my PC and unpack using Winzip. Using Windows Disk Imager app I write it to the SD card. I have checked the content of the card and it appears to be complete (504 MB )

However when I plug the SD card into the Rasberry PI slot and turn on the device all is get is a green/blue/yellow screen and it is not booting itself.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated
Sounds like you've downloaded the RPi (for RPi1 and RPi Zero) image rather than the RPi2/RPi3 image.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I have checked the download file and it is the RPi3 image. I have also tried the OSMC image and it does the same thing. I will be getting a new SD card tomorrow to eliminate that the card may be the problem.

Any other help will be appreciated
And you are sure you've been given Raspberry Pi3 hardware? The model number should be printed on the circuit board. Are you using a micro SD card or full size SD card?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for the responses.

The model of Raspberry printed on the circuit board is: Raspberry Pi Model B+ V1 2

I am using a Micor SD card which fits nicely into the SD slot on the Raspberry board.

The power supply is a Switched Mode PS with an output of 5V with a maximum rating of 2100 ma

Once I appreciate the responses and the help

Bob
(2016-08-04, 04:25)Robeth Wrote: The model of Raspberry printed on the circuit board is: Raspberry Pi Model B+ V1 2

I am using a Micor SD card which fits nicely into the SD slot on the Raspberry board.

This may disappoint you, but what you have is not a Raspberry Pi 3.

The RPi Model B+ v1.2 is the final iteration (v1.2) of the Raspberry Pi 1 Model B and should have a spring loaded microSD slot. The RPi3 does not have a spring loaded microSD slot.

You need to use the RPi image and not the RPi2/RPi3 image.
Again thanks for the quick reply. The micro sd slot is spring loaded and as you have pointed out the model printed on the circuit board makes it a Pi B+ makes an older model, which I am sure should work satisfactorily. I will download the correct version and give a try.

Bob.
Success!! successfully downloaded OSMC for the model of Raspberry that I have and it is working.

So thanks again for all the help

Bob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RasberryPi3 download not working0