Kodi v16.1 Jarvis won't install.
I download the installer from the download page for windows, no problem. When I try to install it I get this error..

watch gallery

I tried an earlier version and got the same error.
Are you using a download manager of some sort? Try to disable your antivirus and try again. I had an issue with a scanner blocking a legitimate install, but it never flagged it as a virus/malware. Very weird, one time deal. It appears that your download is getting corrupted somehow. Just downloaded a copy of Jarvis 16.1 with no problems. Installed/working as expected.
(2016-10-10, 18:49)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Are you using a download manager of some sort? Try to disable your antivirus and try again. I had an issue with a scanner blocking a legitimate install, but it never flagged it as a virus/malware. Very weird, one time deal. It appears that your download is getting corrupted somehow. Just downloaded a copy of Jarvis 16.1 with no problems. Installed/working as expected.

Not using any type of download manager. I turned my antivirus off and still getting the same error *scratches head* I'm stumped.
Writing to the program files folder needs admin rights. Does the account you're using to try and install Kodi have those available and did you grant them when the installer asked for them to do the install?

Kodi itself doesn't need them (and shouldn't be granted them - it stores its user data under %appdata%) but the installer does to initially set things up.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v16.1 Jarvis won't install.0