v17 Nightly
Just upgraded from Kodi 17 Beta5 to latest Nightly to see the new Esturary update.

* Phil65 thank you so much for all your hard work on this new skin. I'm sure it seems thankless and you hear nothing but bickering and comparisons to other skins.

I run Kodi on either a FireTV on a 56" LCD TV (1080p) or on a Windows HTPC box connected to a 56" DLP TV (720p).

The update seems like it was targeted towards 480p where everything is comically large and requires a lot of scrolling compared to before.
For example in movies/tv the category buttons up top are larger than the movie/tv posters below it. So you only can see four buttons before you have to scroll over to know whats there.
Then the category buttons orders got changed.. so the Recently Added is now at the end.. so getting there requires way more clicks now.. wife does not approved.

Maybe a good solution for the new skin is to add a skin option for padding.. compact/normal/wide? That way people can tweak it to best fit their taste.

I do like the widelist view (seems like its missing banner on left panel though).. so far the best addition to skin update.
Looks like the normal list view is gone? Not sure if that was an oversight or just being reworked and hasn't made it back in.
Hope this changes, it was perfect zoom level in V1, in V2 recently added in almost off the screen Sad
Yep have to agree. Running latest nightly to fix the windows update bug and unfortunately on a 50" TV at 1920 the artwork is too large. No issue with Beta 5 release as formatting looks sharp on the home page with all items listed. I have removed all sub menus I don't use from the nightly which now shows all menus without the need to scroll
Install the classic GUI from GitHub and welcome back V1 GUI Smile
Note that the node editor allows you to change the order of the sub cats.. its not the user friendly and some of the options are painful to do via remote.. but anyways that solved that issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly2