Strange Kodi playback issue on new TV compared to old TV
Got a bit of a strange problem (strange for me anyway).

I've got an old LG TV 42PB4D-AA (approx 10 years old). I've got an Android box and Kodi etc. just works perfectly well!

I then purchased another Android box, this time for my father in law. I set it up here first, so it was more or less just to plug it in for him. When I set it up on my old LG TV, the playback was perfect, just as I expected.

I then took the Android box down to the father in law.

He's got a much newer TV. A Samsung UA50JU6400S.

When I plugged the box in, I was pretty disappointed. It just didn't look nearly as good, as it does on my old TV.

It's like it's missing frames during playback. I can watch football/rugby whatever and it doesn't look natural. You'll see someone run and then it's like you cut out a splitsecond of it. Very noticeable.

I also played a film on his TV. Just didn't look as clear and natural.

I checked the same film, when I came home and it looked way way better on my old LG TV.

WhyHuh

If he watches a film through Netflix, it looks perfectly fine.

He's got fibre broadband too, so speed shouldn't be an issue.
I was going to suggest that it was something to do with interpolation or refresh rates on your father-in-law's TV versus yours, particularly as applied to that HDMI port/source - but then I saw your last comment, "he's got fibre broadband too, so speed shouldn't be an issue".

May I ask the source for this film and/or the football and rugby...? You mention a BT Sports IPTV subscription in an earlier post, so that may be half the question, but...
I watched the football on a free to view Australian channel.

The box is a YUNDOO Y2 TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa-core Android 6.0 OS - 2GB+16GB by the way.
Pretty good specs, so I don't see that the box should be the problem.
Also, as mentioned earlier, I tested it on my old TV previously and it worked a charm.

It can't be the HDMI cable, can it?
Sorry, haven't got a chance to check it at the moment.
Could be the HDMI cable, but it's unlikely. More likely to be the route from the source (you don't mention if the last connection is wired or wireless) or the config of the TV. You could perhaps look at a debug_log (wiki) to see if there are any errors or pauses reported.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange Kodi playback issue on new TV compared to old TV0