[Windows] Krypton 17 RC4 bugs
1. RC4 PGS subtitles don't work at all (had to go back to RC3).
2. New skin is absolutely horrible (my opinion), idea is OK but the rest - it looks like it doesn't fit on the screen, right bottom corner is cut (I guess by design), Movie / TV list in the middle with info on the sides, Option menu on the left won't stay open so the only way to access it is to open it with a mouse and then use a keyboard to get there and that's the way to update library. No way to get a path to a movie / TV show and even search showing now something like "Path:videodb://tvshows/titles/45634".
3. MKV parser / splitter is broken, it doesn't parse ordered chapters anymore. (I have some MKVs with additional info in the beginning which I want to skip and it is set like this in chapter list, works fine in Media Player and in Kodi 16).
4. Black screen is just annoying, anytime you switch to Windows or just press Ctrl-Alt-Del you have black screen and you need to reboot / re-run Kodi to get it back (worked fine in Kodi 16).
5. CEC is permanently broken, Kodi is just hanging after wake-up (gave up on this item).

Can we at least have subtitles back? Undecided

Upd: After some testing I've found a semi fix for issue 4. Issue is not happening if nVidia 3D support disabled in nVidia Control Panel, I don't have 3D in this case but boot without display and switching from Kodi and back, Ctrl-Alt-Del work fine, no more black screen or incompatible mode message. At least a step forward!
1) You could open a trac ticket.
2) Love the new skin, it's easier to use for most new users and really gives a lift to the interface. Look around carefully, the path does show if you know where to look. I wonder where all your view points went as the skin was developed in the open forums for months.
3) Debug log (wiki)

4) Debug log (wiki)

5) Debug log (wiki)

Yes it's just you. (worked fine in Kodi 16) So... that's your solution.
>1) You could open a trac ticket.

I'll do that later, after some testing Kodi does see them but simply not showing on the screen, SRT subtitles (aka text) are fine

>2) Love the new skin, it's easier to use for most new users and really gives a lift to the interface. Look around carefully, the path does show if you know where to look. I wonder where all your view points went as the skin was developed in the open forums for months.

As I said screen looks good and I was very excited about it thinking that it'll be fixed in time, don't see any fixes since early alpha. That's how it looks on my screen:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-gg2b...1ZHR1pienc

But I'm not even concerned about that, two major concerns are left menu and path. Maybe somebody can enlighten my but simply not shown in info (and, as I searched the forum before, developer said it is by design) at least it was in search but now it is just showing number in database.

>3) Debug log (wiki)

{removed}

As the log showing movie suppose to start from 60 seconds (and it does in MP-HC and Kodi 16), since Kodi Alpha that's ignored.

>4) Debug log (wiki)

The whole forum complaining about black screen, almost every second post. It's just enough to change "Full Screen to Windowed" to get a black screen and Kodi never comes back until restart.

>5) Debug log (wiki)

I've already posted log for that issue (log above doesn't have that section as it was taken on another machine), log was just showing that Kodi is trying to initialize CEC adapter and nothing after that as it simply hangs, developer response was that this is an issue with the library provided and they cannot do anything, I've accepted that however Kodi 14 worked fine.

Yes it's just you. (worked fine in Kodi 16) So... that's your answer.

I'm saying this to my users many times everyday, so I guess I have to just accept the life as it is.Rolleyes
Get rid of the banned addons (wiki) and repos if you want any support here. Your install is currently in violation of our forum rules (wiki) on piracy by their presence and so is unsupported.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-01-28, 10:22)DarrenHill Wrote: Get rid of the banned addons (wiki) and repos if you want any support here. Your install is currently in violation of our forum rules (wiki) on piracy by their presence and so is unsupported.

I'm sorry and thank you for pointing that out, those were old ones sitting in my SandBox since like xbmc 12, here's a clean one:

http://pastebin.com/0dsSfmqS
I haven't had any issues with RC4 yet, but @Pashator I also don't like the look and feel of the newer version of the Estuary skin (I prefer to see as much of my content onscreen as possible without the overflowing/clipped/truncated look) so I've been using Transparency! and especially the excellent Estuary Mod skin which is based on the original Estuary. If you haven't checked it out it might be worth a look: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267343&page=231
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 21, 13th-gen i7, 32gb RAM, nVidia RTX 4090
(2017-01-28, 11:37)snarfo Wrote: I haven't had any issues with RC4 yet, but @Pashator I also don't like the look and feel of the newer version of the Estuary skin (I prefer to see as much of my content onscreen as possible without the overflowing/clipped/truncated look) so I've been using Transparency! and especially the excellent Estuary Mod skin which is based on the original Estuary. If you haven't checked it out it might be worth a look: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267343&page=231

Thanks, I will check it out!
For all your ranting about all the bugs in Kodi and it turns out the code base has been poisoned with banned add-ons! Just cleaning them out will not bring back full operability. If you followed the http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262144 at any length you would have found most of your answers, but chose to post rants against the skin in the windows forum, 'to make your point', Kodi developers are not in your back pocket. Looking back at your history, it looks like when you don't get the answer you like you re-post.

Suggestion: Next time you have an issue; install a portable Kodi without extras and play form a local source. A debug at that point that will be entertained.
FYI problem number 1 also affects DVB subtitles. I posted a debug log in this thread: 305141 (thread)
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
(2017-01-28, 18:45)PatK Wrote: For all your ranting about all the bugs in Kodi and it turns out the code base has been poisoned with banned add-ons! Just cleaning them out will not bring back full operability. If you followed the http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262144 at any length you would have found most of your answers, but chose to post rants against the skin in the windows forum, 'to make your point', Kodi developers are not in your back pocket. Looking back at your history, it looks like when you don't get the answer you like you re-post.

Suggestion: Next time you have an issue; install a portable Kodi without extras and play form a local source. A debug at that point that will be entertained.

Thank you for your reply!! Noted!

Can we do something to resolve issues at hands?
RC4:
-still have flickering stripe on top of some tv recorded videos.
i have to deactivate interlace in video options then evey time.

-it is deactivating "RSS Client" Addon on every Start of Kodi.
Is it possible to deactivate Kodi Addon Immigration somewhere?

-On RC3 i had a lot of crashes. Now with RC4 its a little bit better
and fewer.

i3,asrock 110M,geforce GT710,8GB,Windows 10 64bit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Krypton 17 RC4 bugs0