Having problems with Audio
I am not sure where to put this since I didn't see any "audio" area, so it is going here for now.

I am running a Raspberry Pi 3B with LibreElec 7.0.3 and Kodi 16.1.

I am having problems with Audio selection. My wife's friend bought her a bluetooth speaker and she INSISTS on using it when she watches TV. I don't like it, it cuts out and is dicey so I want to use the TV audio. However there is no option to have it switch between available audio, so when the Bluetooth is there it will connect and play, but will use the TV all other times. Is there some way to easily hack this together?

I read about PulseAudo, but there seems to be a lot of people saying audio quality gets poorer on both devices, which I don't want.....
Not automatically - you'll need to reconfigure it via Settings > Audio and toggle between HDMI and Bluetooth.

Possibly you could write a script that changes the audio output device to HDMI or Bluetooth using JSON, and then map the script to a button on the remote...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-02-02, 02:32)Phate4569 Wrote: she INSISTS on using it when she watches TV. I don't like it, it cuts out and is dicey

Are you serious right now?!
OSMC should support transparent switching.
If this doesn't work well, let us know

But this will never be perfect.

Sam
(2017-02-02, 02:36)ActionA Wrote: Are you serious right now?!

I wish I could say No, that it was all an unfunny joke/trolling attempt. But unfortunately that is not the case.

Even worse, the Bluetooth speaker does not have a volume remote (physically on the device itself), so she insists on turning the volume down on Kodi. Due to the volume issues on Kodi I have amplification turned on and was using my TV as master volume. Well it seems that the amplification on Kodi causes some of the audio to be clipped at the peaks (or something). Not noticeable when Kodi is at 100%, but when she starts messing with the volume it doesn't sound as sharp.

(2017-02-02, 02:35)Milhouse Wrote: Possibly you could write a script that changes the audio output device to HDMI or Bluetooth using JSON, and then map the script to a button on the remote...

That is waaaay above my head. If it were bash, sh, or maybe even tcl I could inelegantly bull my way through it.

(2017-02-02, 02:55)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: OSMC should support transparent switching.
If this doesn't work well, let us know

Way too late in the game to switch my OS and reconfigure. :/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having problems with Audio0