Subtitle Box
Hi all - newbie to the group but have been using Kodi for a couple of Yrs - nice kit.

I have recently upgraded to Kodi 17 and all is pretty much OK though there are a few minor glitches particularly with menus not staying as I set them.

One problem I have is whenever I play a video (mp4, avi, mkv) from my NAS via Kodi a box appears asking me to download subtitles from one of the services I have on the system. Its no biggie, I just exit the menu by closing the box and continue watching the Vid.

I am using a Fire TV box and things work well though on some Vids I have to disable passthrough to make them run smoothly from the NAS which I have now hardwired to make it stream better.
I would suspect that you have Autosubs or a similar addon enabled. There's nothing immediately in Kodi that would demand subtitles: you can enable them by default, and they'll play if they're there, but I don't believe it will prompt you to download.

I suppose it might be skin-specific, but I'd start with the addons...
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Or try: Settings >> Player >> Language >> "Auto Download First Subtitle" Make sure it's unchecked.

It's a Kodi setting, not addon or skin. Make sure you're in Expert mode. If that's not the problem, I dunno! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle Box0