v17 SSH command failing
Folks,

I often SSH into Kodi (using default username and password - only local access) to check settings or do a reboot etc, sudo shutdown -r now gets the expected result.

Installed an SSH utility on my phone called SSH button. Sends a one off command to device, useful for shutdown or reboot.

Now, weirdly, this works fine on my Raspian R-Pi devices but has no effect on the OSMC devices, just get message Return code was 1

Normally I'd just think App not working but it does work with Raspian.

Am I missing something obvious?

Geffers
Quote:Am I missing something obvious?

Yes, you are in the wrong forum. Your question had nothing to do with kodi. Seek support at http://discourse.OSMC.tv
(2017-04-17, 12:46)ActionA Wrote:
Quote:Am I missing something obvious?

Yes, you are in the wrong forum. Your question had nothing to do with kodi. Seek support at http://discourse.OSMC.tv

You're obviously quite experienced and think everyone else shares your expertise.

I was not aware that Kodi and OSMC were different even though my system page says OSMC running Kodi so have no idea why it should be an OSMC issue and not Kodi.

Geffers
It's an OSMC issue because that's the underlying OS that kodi runs on top of.

What you're trying to do is (in simple terms Smile ) a function of the OS not kodi so the best place to try and troubleshoot this particular issue would indeed be the OSMC forum.

There's lots of different reasons why SSH wouldn't be functioning properly but they're all out of scope for this forum, although you might get lucky and have somebody see this here and be able to help you, you're much more likely to get better help over at OSMC.

It's the same situation with the raspberry pi, kodi sits on top of whichever distro you installed on it and the distro (OS) runs all of the supporting functions such as SSH in this case.
SSH should work on OSMC out of the box (if you enabled it during install)

Can you SSH from a computer?
If your Pi is using the same IP address as it did on Raspbian, the phone may be rejecting the connection because the SSH keys no longer match.
(2017-04-17, 16:57)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: SSH should work on OSMC out of the box (if you enabled it during install)

Can you SSH from a computer?
If your Pi is using the same IP address as it did on Raspbian, the phone may be rejecting the connection because the SSH keys no longer match.

Yes Sam, SSH works fine from a computer terminal.

I haven't switched devices, my two Pi/Kodi devices permanently connected to TV. The Raspian devices just run TVHeadend and various other servers.

Didn't think of SSH key matching, I do occasionally have to reset SSH keys on my terminal, of course the phone app wouldn't show the message as it is a button app and not a terminal.

Thanks for suggestion.

Geffers
(2017-04-17, 16:47)Mnementh Wrote: It's an OSMC issue because that's the underlying OS that kodi runs on top of.

There's lots of different reasons why SSH wouldn't be functioning properly but they're all out of scope for this forum, although you might get lucky and have somebody see this here and be able to help you, you're much more likely to get better help over at OSMC.

Thanks Mnementh, never really thought of them as different but understand the reasoning.

Geffers
No worries Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SSH command failing0