Streaming STRM files
so i tried everything i can think of, i have the 4/19 xbmc, installed all the codecs it calls for from my windows32 and real codecs folders, and can't get anything from the test.strm or the pack that was downloaded.

when i launch xbmc the first time around and try a stream, a dialogue box pops up, and runs some text about loading codecs and stuff, then nothing.  just the menu screen.  it doesn't hang or anything, just acts like it's done playing the stream.

these streams work on my pc in wmp and i can get the weather stuff to work just fine so the internet is working for the xbox.

please help, the gf is from europe and she would love to see some european tv, maybe then she would not bitch me out about spending so much on my xbox Sad

update: i just noticed that if i start playing a music file that i have stored on my hd (ripped using ms dashboard) then while it's playing try to load a stream, it slows down the dialogue box a lot, it reads some codec stuff, then shows messages about how the buffer is filling.

it will read something like 3% buffer fill (1024k) and then another line with the buffer more full. it always hangs after a few of these lines and i have to hard reboot my xbox.
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin/fo...4;hl=.strm
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils
thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming STRM files0