Is it possible to access/browse mobile phone over USB connected to Pi?
Hey all,

I've been upgrading my i9300 galaxy s3 a bit lately, messing with ADB android debug bridge to do backups, things like that.

Now I've come to a point where (for some reason) I have *links* or like, leftover traces on my external SD card to all the mp3s I once had on it.(headache!) and all my mp3 collection is stored on my OSMC (kodi) install (a usb hdd connected to my Pi2modelb)

I want to copy some of those mp3s back onto my phone.

Connecting usb cable from phone to rPi usb port.

I don't believe Kodi can recognise the mobile phone natively, is this still the case?

I might ask over at the OSMC forum also, but this is obviously the right place to start, (as the developers here of Kodi are more likely to know) if this is possible.

If it's still not supported (I tried about a year ago), are there any add-ons out there which can help - (i think that's unlikely because this is more likely something which if Kodi doesn't support it at a system level, it ain't gonna happen).
#Kind regards,
I've never used osmc but I'm assuming that you can share the media files on your pi to the network via smb. You could then use a file manager on your phone to copy the files across. Total Commander for Android has a LAN plugin that will do the job.
Yes, thats possible.
Ive used XPLORE file manager (android) and ES-file explorer, they both work.

Files id like to move sometimes are quite big so this is why id like to go USB.
(2017-09-07, 15:50)dWooluf Wrote: I've never used osmc but I'm assuming that you can share the media files on your pi to the network via smb. You could then use a file manager on your phone to copy the files across. Total Commander for Android has a LAN plugin that will do the job.

Correct. You can install Samba Server via App Store. Attached media will be automatically shared.
This is an OS specific function (not Kodi related); so the OSMC forum will be the appropriate port of call if you run in to any problems.

Sam
Thanks all. Great fully received. Most of those things I knew but thanks for the help all the same.

I guess what I'm curious about, is how/why specifically Kodi doesn't handle mobes plugging via USB..

There must be something specific about MTP protocol which kodi just isn't designed to handle..
Maybe a developer knows..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to access/browse mobile phone over USB connected to Pi?0