Can access MySQL DB, but not playing the files
Hi!
Yesterday, my RPI in bedroom just stopped working.

I bought a new one and installed LibreElec. Everything seems to be fine.

I have a Windows 2008 R2 server which share all files. And library is in MySQL database, Before I could pause a movie in livingroom and continue watching in bedroom.

Also have a Nvidia Shield in livingroom. From there I can see all files and play them as well. So this is still working fine.

In my bedroom RPI, I can just see the files. Not playing them. If I go to Videos -> files and browse my server, I can play them.
(If I am using Browse, I cant use DNS name. I must use IP. If I try to browse smb->Workgroup->Server it says "Invalid argument".

I also have a advancedsettings.xml that says: (with changed user and password)
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.68</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
</advancedsettings>

Is there a chance someone knows what I'm doing wrong?
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Paste.bin
Paste your /storage/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml from the RPi.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Before I used my servers name. Now I cant add server with name, just IP.

sources.xml
The source you are accessing (smb://AHUSSERVERN/Media2/Filmer2) is not in your sources.xml, so Kodi won't access it (basic security measure).

You have in your sources.xml "smb://192.168.1.68/Filmer2/", not sure if this is meant to be the same share but the path is different as is the host.

You need to do one of the following:
1) rescrape your library using the IP address
2) Use SQL to replace all occurrences of "smb://AHUSSERVERN/" with eg. "smb://192.168.1.68/"
3) Use path substitution

I would only recommend #1 as #2 is fraught with issues, and #3 is just a nasty hack.

However with #1 you will lose your watched statuses - if you want to backup and restore your watched statuses (and resume points) you can use the tool in my signature:
Code:
texturecache.py watched movies backup watched_movies.dat
texturecache.py watched tvshows backup watched_tvshows.dat
<drop video database and re-scan your video library>
texturecache.py watched movies restore watched_movies.dat
texturecache.py watched tvshows restore watched_tvshows.dat
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The problem is using name of server. My old Rpi handled it fine. (I did use OSMC on that one) This time i Tried Libreelec.
I cant access my server using name. I have to use IP address. And I dont want to rescrape, to much information will get lost.
That is a networking issue that has little to do with Kodi. Get your DNS fixed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-09-12, 22:05)nickr Wrote: That is a networking issue that has little to do with Kodi. Get your DNS fixed.

No, my computer works fine with Kodi, and Nvidia Shield works fine with Kodi.

I think I'll make a reinstall with OSMC instead.

Thank you guys for your answers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can access MySQL DB, but not playing the files0