Android Any way to resume a video when paused for a period of time?
(2017-09-22, 22:19)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2017-09-22, 21:57)TT_Vert Wrote: Thank you, this is exactly the page/procedure I used. I used option 4 as to not install more SW when I just needed to pull the kodi.log file. No idea why the first user assumed I didn't pull the entire kodi.log but I'll go ahead and do it again later today. I do appreciate your much friendlier demeanor.

You missed or had a problem in step 2, as logging wasn't enabled in the log you posted.

Settings (gear icon at top of the menu) → System Settings → Logging and turn on Enable debug logging

When you do that you should see some numbers also appear on the screen near the top.

Well that is odd as the switch was on and I could see debug log path info scrolling at the top of the page as well as FPS, etc. I don't know what was missing so I don't know what to look for in this next log I paste but hopefully you'll be a bit more understanding if some some reason something doesn't show up. Know that I'm following these directions to the T lol.
My mistake - it is enabled in the log. I'd missed the top line.

Code:
18:22:25.174 T:18446744072285729576  NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_DEBUG_FREEMEM

That says debugging is enabled (log level normal means it isn't).

Anyway the simplest way is to enable it, then reboot your device and then reproduce your issue as soon as you can (to minimise the log size). Then upload that kodi.log in it's entirety.

If you have to reboot again or the error causes the device to restart, then you need kodi.log.old. Whenever you reboot a new log is stated, with the previous one renamed to .old (and the previous .old overwritten).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I'm now certain that the issue is due to the amazon screen saver, NOT the Kodi screen dimming feature. So being as I'm on 17.x I assume that this is currently an unchangeable default behavior (Aside from disabling that screen saver) that perhaps can be configured in 18.x when out of beta?

Thanks
Dave
Yep. That would be fixed in 18.
To workaround in 17, use a non-default Kodi screensaver, or disable the android one.
Perfect, thank you. How stable is that beta currently? Is it close to being ready for a final release?
(2017-09-23, 16:45)TT_Vert Wrote: Perfect, thank you. How stable is that beta currently? Is it close to being ready for a final release?

Kodi 18 is not in beta stage

Alpha 1 has not even been released yet
Moanbag is in da place!
Quote:Yep. That would be fixed in 18.
Are you sure? I still have this issue after losing focus. And not just for PVR but also for file.
(2017-09-23, 16:49)Gracus Wrote:
(2017-09-23, 16:45)TT_Vert Wrote: Perfect, thank you. How stable is that beta currently? Is it close to being ready for a final release?

Kodi 18 is not in beta stage

Alpha 1 has not even been released yet

ok thanks
(2017-09-23, 17:29)CiNcH Wrote:
Quote:Yep. That would be fixed in 18.
Are you sure? I still have this issue after losing focus. And not just for PVR but also for file.

Well, I'm sure there are scenarii where there are issues, but simply the screensaver stealing the focus should work.
You are right. I tried the screensaver and resuming playback afterwards worked.
disable the screensaver in kodi settings, this has worked for me.
I didn't see any setting to completely disable the screen saver.

Dave
(2018-10-15, 01:50)TT_Vert Wrote: I didn't see any setting to completely disable the screen saver.

Dave
Settings => Interface => screensaver :

- "general" - 

screensaver mode : none
​​​​​​​

Settings => System => Power saving :

- "sleep / Shutdow" - 

​​​​​​​Put display to sleep when idlle : off

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to resume a video when paused for a period of time?0