Windows 7 goes into hibernation while running Kodi
Running Kodi 17.5 ,Windows 7 Ultimate with Nvidia 9500 GPU 4GB of Ram. Only when Kodi is running, my PC goes black then hibernates.  I have a 47 inch LG Smart Tv connected by VGA cable too. Anyone know what might cause Kodi to to put Windows in hibernation? I've gone into multiple places where hibernation settings are located on the PC and made sure hibernation is turned off.
Settings->System->Power Saving. You may/may not need expert settings level to see the option, not sure.
So you're switching to the TV as the desktop or using extended display? Noting the RGB input, this might be related to handshaking, would it be possible to do HDMI on your set-up? As @Fail$tyle420 noted check those settings.
(2017-11-02, 19:02)PatK Wrote: So you're switching to the TV as the desktop or using extended display? Noting the RGB input, this might be related to handshaking, would it be possible to do HDMI on your set-up? As @Fail$tyle420 noted check those settings.

my living room LG 47 inch TV is hooked up to a Windows PC via VGA cable. Recently the PC would shut down when Kodi is running. First it would hibernate. I would press the power button on PC ,then it would go off. Haven't changed any hardware and checked for driver updates. no avail. Desktop(one monitor)
(2017-11-02, 18:29)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Settings->System->Power Saving.  You may/may not need expert settings level to see the option, not sure.

power saving disabkled in kodi,PC and TV.
A proper debug log when this happens will go a long way in helping identify the issue. Honestly though, it sounds more like a windows issue more than anything.
Quote:Recently the PC would shut down when Kodi is running.
A quick check on hardware temperatures, perhaps you're getting into performance issues. A debug log (wiki) would go a long way to clarifying the working environment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 goes into hibernation while running Kodi0