Kodi using both tuners
Just finished my setup for NextPVR and the very first thing i noticed was both tuners are getting used on the same channel.

If i go to a channel in kodi press the record button it uses only 1 tuner, which is great. However if i have a schedule set to record on nextpvr but also watch at the same time it users both tuners.

The work around is:
1) Channel 5 is recording as predefined schedule.
2) i need to go to channel 6 start recording
3) Go back to channel 5 them stop recording channel 6.

Instead of opening and playing the video buffer/timeshift file for channel 5 it opening a new channel and starting the buffer over again.

What i want to do is let the pvr record for 10 minutes and then start watching, this way it has buffered enough that i can skip commercials.

Any way to fix this? Ive tried opening the actual recording instead of the channel, but it only plays to a point. Let's say i open the recording when it had recorded 5 minutes after the video plays for 5 minutes it would have recorded another 5 minutes so it should continue to play but right now it stops after 5 minutes, if i play it again i now have a recording of 10 mins.

With vlc it continues to play the timer and bar stop working but the video still plays.

Hoping this makes sense
Quote:What i want to do is let the pvr record for 10 minutes and then start watching, this way it has buffered enough that i can skip commercials.
Quote:Ive tried opening the actual recording instead of the channel, but it only plays to a point. Let's say i open the recording when it had recorded 5 minutes after the video plays for 5 minutes it would have recorded another 5 minutes so it should continue to play but right now it stops after 5 minutes, if i play it again i now have a recording of 10 mins.
Unfortunately this is a long standing Kodi limitation, that affects all the PVR addons that use http streaming to stream video to Kodi. It'll only play as long as the stream was at the time the stream started.
I since added the recording folder as a nfs source to get around this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi using both tuners0