New Router - Video Library Gone
Weird !!!!!

I setup a new wireless d-link N router last night for the better half's laptop access. Once setup I turned on the main xbox to make sure it was connecting. It was but at another IP, to my surprise when i selected Video I had nothing in the Library of either videos or tv shows. My music was still there. I rebooted a couple times to see if that would help - NO Luck. My database went from 5MB to 1.5 MB but all my coverart was still there.

I went into file mode and clicked on movies then I noticed it had to rescan the source multi-path for movies share 1-9.

I finally just installed my backup Database folder and all is OK now, THX for back ups rescanning 800+ movies is not what I was looking forward to a midnight last night.

I am running the 23/03/08 build (t3ch). I am wondering if the router caused the problem or something else, as this happened last week as well after watching a TV show at the end credit I hit stop instead of waiting and then tried select a movie and again there was nothing in the library with a hard boot it came back.

I scanned the log but did not see any errors at around this point.

Regards,

DVS
If you had the movie source destination setup as the IP address of the location instead of a name it may have thought it was a new location and not the same that it always had. That's the only reason I can think it would do what you are saying.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Router - Video Library Gone0