Kodi 17.6 crash help - Win 10
Well I am just going to guess that my problem may be related to my graphics card but don't know. I can't seem to find anyone to look at my log and help me at this point. Thank you anyway.
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, looking at the log doesn't show a heck of a lot, a bit unusual in that none of the usual plugins are established.

09:45:50.026 T:4384  NOTICE: Found screen: ViewSonic VX2439wm on AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, adapter 0.09:45:50.028 T:4384  NOTICE: Found screen: Generic PnP Monitor on AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, adapter 1.

As you suspected, indicates some graphic driver issue (you might try an unplug the secondary display)
(2018-03-26, 04:37)PatK Wrote: Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, looking at the log doesn't show a heck of a lot, a bit unusual in that none of the usual plugins are established.

09:45:50.026 T:4384  NOTICE: Found screen: ViewSonic VX2439wm on AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, adapter 0.09:45:50.028 T:4384  NOTICE: Found screen: Generic PnP Monitor on AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, adapter 1.

As you suspected, indicates some graphic driver issue (you might try an unplug the secondary display)
 Thanks Pat. I will try to disconnect the second monitor and see what happens.
No go still. I made sure my drivers were set up correctly for both monitors so now they are both recognized as Viewsonic. I tried to unplug, disconnect the second monitor and only used one but Kodi still will not work with any version higher than 15.2. I can only guess that it still has something to do with the video card, although I thought it still had the right qualifications to run Kodi 17.6. I will have to wait and save up some money to get a new video card, the prices are crazy these days.
Ah, " Kodi still will not work with any version higher than 15.2 " compatability issue (Jarvis 16.1 still might be a go then use an external player for h265) the specs your card is DirectX® 11-capable but it looks like support for it is lacking. I might try out a beta driver, if you can find one. Instead of paying a huge sum for a graphic card, why not consider the Nvidia Shield or one of the new Raspberrys for a fraction of the price of a card, I went that direction and I'm loving it.

https://www.amd.com/Documents/AMD_Radeon...101206.pdf
(2018-03-27, 05:37)PatK Wrote: Ah, " Kodi still will not work with any version higher than 15.2 " compatability issue (Jarvis 16.1 still might be a go then use an external player for h265) the specs your card is DirectX® 11-capable but it looks like support for it is lacking. I might try out a beta driver, if you can find one. Instead of paying a huge sum for a graphic card, why not consider the Nvidia Shield or one of the new Raspberrys for a fraction of the price of a card, I went that direction and I'm loving it.

https://www.amd.com/Documents/AMD_Radeon...101206.pdf
 Hi Pat. I do have a Nvidia Shield for our family room that is hooked up to an AVR and TV.  I use Kodi downstairs in our finished basement (man cave) where I have my PC hooked up to the AVR and TV. I more or less am the only one that messes around with it. Kodi 15.2 works fine but just wanted the newer interface of higher versions.
Understandable, Estuary is a nice interface to get used to the layout. Jarvis is still a nice upgrade over 15.2 might be a good idea to relegate this hardware to sever duty.
The blaring possibility is you are using 32 bit Kodi on a 64 bit Windows.
(2018-04-02, 15:57)donbrew Wrote: The blaring possibility is you are using 32 bit Kodi on a 64 bit Windows.
 Hello Donbrew,

You were absolutely correct! I can not believe I have been racking my brain over this for so long, trying to figure out why I could not update the software version. I tried Kodi v18 Leia Alpha 1 64 bit and "BAM", it works. I can not thank you enough for this clue.   Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 crash help - Win 100