MP3+G (karaoke) support/addon?
The wife and I like to get our drank on and sing karaoke at home until the wee hours, sometimes with friends but mostly just us. We use kodi to browse through and launch our collection of 2k+ MP4 karaoke videos. It works great, but I also have a couple of hundred CD+G discs here representing around 3000 individual karaoke songs. I have converted them to mp3+G files but kodi won't play them (it will play the audio but no on screen lyrics), which is a bit annoying as we need to use a separate player just for those files.

According to the wiki, kodi removed support for karaoke back in v15(?) due to lack of developer support and general lack of interest. Fair enough, but...

Does anyone know of an addon or other method that will let me play these files through kodi as if they were regular videos?

Alternatively, does anyone have a reliable, cheap (free?) method of converting mp3+G files to a more sensible video format? I've found a couple by they are far from cheap.

Not sure it matters but I'm on kodi 17.6 windows 7 32 bit.

Note: I'm not interested in an addon that downloads and plays potentially illegal karaoke. I just want to be able to play the files I already legally own.
Never mind, I figured out how to convert the files using a free python app called Pykaraoke, together with ffmpeg. It's fiddly but I knocked up a script to automate the process and it's currently happily converting 2k+ mp3+g files to MP4 as I write this.

Posting this here in case it helps someone else. Contact me if you want the automation script.
Another option that will likely be in v18 of Kodi is Retroplayer with pocketcdg.  It's currently a libretro core, and Retroplayer in Kodi should add the ability to play them directly.
I am interested Big Grin
Or did you already found a better possibility?
(2018-04-03, 05:15)zachmorris Wrote: Another option that will likely be in v18 of Kodi is Retroplayer with pocketcdg.  It's currently a libretro core, and Retroplayer in Kodi should add the ability to play them directly.
Hi,
I'm on Kodi 18.1 and can't found "pocketcdg" addon. How can i add it ?

Thanks
(2019-03-25, 15:34)nonob Wrote:
(2018-04-03, 05:15)zachmorris Wrote: Another option that will likely be in v18 of Kodi is Retroplayer with pocketcdg.  It's currently a libretro core, and Retroplayer in Kodi should add the ability to play them directly.
Hi,
I'm on Kodi 18.1 and can't found "pocketcdg" addon. How can i add it ?

Thanks

Issue submitted to see if it can be added to Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP3+G (karaoke) support/addon?0