Broken Scraper finding wrong TV series
I can’t stress the importance of this issue, my daughter can’t watch her favourite series (Heartlandj. That in itself isn’t the end of the world but she’s driving ME nuts about it.

The series Heartland is a Canadian series involving horses, the one the scraper picks up is, in my daughters words, some trashy American medical drama. I’ve looked up the series on the scraper site and it does have Heartland (2007) (CA) listed so that’s what I’ve named the directory, it has 11 seasons, trashy medical only has 1. I’ve renamed it in all sorts of ways and can’t get it to work.

Plex correctly identifies the exactly same directory, trouble is my NAS doesn’t handle h265 decoding for Plex server so it doesn’t play well either.

Is there a way I can choose the correct series or manually set it?
@rortmanns

To help you solve the problem, I need...

1. Link to the tv show at the scraper site
2. Debug Log. First remove the show from your library then...
  1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem. Scrape the show into the library by going to Videos>Files>Your Source, hightlight the show and selecting i for the information page.
  4. Upload the log to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. With either method post the link back here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Firstly Karellen, you're my new hero.  I've got the correct series info now, if only we could harness the power of teen angst, my daughter is delighted.

When I chose to refresh the show info it prompted me to select the show from a list, I did this and all was well but I did have to manually select it so auto doesn't correctly match it.  I followed the log file instructions but no log file was produced that I could find.  It showed the log file info superimposed in the top left corner and I looked for the file it said it was producing but the file doesn't exist, I even tried it running kodi as administrator.  I searched the entire drive but there was no kodi.log, the AppsData directory doesn't exist under user htpc.

Im happy to keep trying to resolve if you can advise where I can find the logs?  Im using a Intel NUC running Win 10.  I also use an Xbox with kodi but no idea how to look at directories on that, the xbox issue was solved in the same way, just a refresh and the same box prompted for the correct show.

Edit:  I found the AppData folder, it was hidden, it contains Roaming but no Kodi under that.
Well it sounds like the issue is solved, so no need to submit a log.

Since the TVDB modified their website, the search process has not been great at their end, and we are limited by what they supply.

When using the Update Library, this process forces a best match and scrapes it into the library.

To fine tune any mistaken shows (and it does happen, usually due to an error in naming) call up the Information Page from within the library and select Refresh. The Refresh option will give you the choice of fine tuning by picking the correct title from a list of possible matches.

So don't worry about the log, unless you are still having problems.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-07-18, 01:08)Karellen Wrote: @rortmanns

To help you solve the problem, I need...

1. Link to the tv show at the scraper site
2. Debug Log. First remove the show from your library then...
  1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem. Scrape the show into the library by going to Videos>Files>Your Source, hightlight the show and selecting i for the information page.
  4. Upload the log to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. With either method post the link back here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs 
Hi Karellen, I have a similar problem with a TV series scraping the incorrect. I have tried renaming files but I just keep getting the same incorrect scrape. Should I do as suggested for the previous user?
@MikeMcD2000

Yes, please do. Also a link to the show at the scraper site you are using.

Read here for more info... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper finding wrong TV series0