[You can close/delete this thread] Adjust Display Refresh Rate?
Answer found.
Adjust Display Refresh Rate is for setting the TV into the correct refresh rate so the video will play fluently as possible. If your TV is in default 60fps mode, and your video only playing at 23 or 24 fps for example, that is likely to give some stuttering during the video.

The normal setting for that setting for a TV is On Start/Stop. Kodi will force the TV into the best possible refresh mode when the video starts, and go back to 50/60fps (whichever it was) for the best Kodi menu GUI experience.

PS: would you mind changing your avatar icon into something more personal? As you are no official Kodi member and no part of the Kodi/XBMC organisation, people might get confused a bit. Thanks in advance.
So this should be enabled by default on start/stop? Even on a PC set up (windows 10)?
Quote:Hi, I'm trying to set the best settings for my Android TV (Sony XE9305), I really don't know and honestly I can't tell if there is a difference by using or not the option "Adjust Display Refresh Rate". So I'm asking to you, what do you normally use?

Thanks
This setting is nonfunctional if you run Kodi directly on your Sony Android TV!
Ok, so when I should be aware of this option? I tried to google a little bit and there are many topics with different type on answers.
If your Kodi is running directly from Android of your TV (so no external device) you can leave that option to OFF.
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)
(2018-08-03, 14:19)outcave Wrote: If your Kodi is running directly from Android of your TV (so no external device) you can leave that option to OFF.
 Thanks, the option would not work either on Android TV, I can confirm that since nothing happens when I choose ON or OFF Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[You can close/delete this thread] Adjust Display Refresh Rate?0