Kodi 18.5 on Nvidia Shield 2015 HDR look washed out
I have Kodi 18.5 running on an Nvidia Shield 2015. My TV is a Sony XBR 49X800D. On my Nvidia Shield I have the resolution set as recommended which is 4K 59.940. Under Advanced display settings I have match content color space turned on so it switches between Rec. 2020 and Rec. 709. In Kodi under system> Display> Resolution I have it set to 3840x2160p and refresh rate 59.94. When I check my TV it doesn't show that HDR is being enabled like it does when I play the disc on my 4K player. If anyone has a suggestion for what else I could do that would be great.
(2020-01-21, 16:32)Tatts4Life Wrote: I have Kodi 18.5 running on an Nvidia Shield 2015. My TV is a Sony XBR 49X800D. On my Nvidia Shield I have the resolution set as recommended which is 4K 59.940. Under Advanced display settings I have match content color space turned on so it switches between Rec. 2020 and Rec. 709. In Kodi under system> Display> Resolution I have it set to 3840x2160p and refresh rate 59.94. When I check my TV it doesn't show that HDR is being enabled like it does when I play the disc on my 4K player. If anyone has a suggestion for what else I could do that would be great.

In kodi set it to switch resolution and refresh rate to match video.
Where would I find that setting? Are You talking about Sync playback to display? I have adjust refresh rate set to always
Videos > Playback
adjust display refresh rate = on start / stop
pause during refresh change = 3.0 seconds
sync playback to display = off
Videos > Acceleration
allow hardware acceleration - Mediacodec (Surface) = on
allow hardware acceleration - Mediacodec = on
Display>white list all the resolutions your tv supports
Thanks so much for the help DNKK. Most of the stuff you mentioned was already turned on. The only one that wasn't was Mediacodec (surface). That was switched to off. Now my TV shows that HDR is turned on and the picture looks so much better. Thanks again for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.5 on Nvidia Shield 2015 HDR look washed out0