OS X Legal
Hello

is it legal to watch italian TV channels (not pay tv) from Denmark with Kodi?

For example use these add ons: RSIPTV and Magellan

Thanks
Both of those mentioned addons look very dodgy legal-wise.

Basically for things like IPTV, the rule of thumb to consider is whether the service provider actually has the right to provide the media they offer. In many cases they do not, at which point you're on very dodgy ground. Even if you are paying them for it, they may just be taking the chance and things could fall apart very quickly if the legitimate content providers catch up with them.

There are a few Italian TV addons in the official repo which may be worth considering, but equally they may not work outside Italy if the provider has geolocked their content supply to Italian IP addresses. And we do not support bypassing that kind of thing here, as that is also in a very grey legal area.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Which are these Italian tv Addons in the official repo?
There are 3 Rai addons in the video section. Have a look through that section and see if there's anything else that may be of interest (I'm not Italian so don't know too well).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-02-22, 14:58)DarrenHill Wrote: There are 3 Rai addons in the video section. Have a look through that section and see if there's anything else that may be of interest (I'm not Italian so don't know too well).

where I have to go to find them? are they legal?
They are legal (although they may be geolocked to Italian IP addresses, as I mentioned before).

You can find them in the built-in official repo within Kodi.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-02-22, 15:17)DarrenHill Wrote: They are legal (although they may be geolocked to Italian IP addresses, as I mentioned before).

You can find them in the built-in official repo within Kodi.

I found these ones: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/1f1a65a...932/987d35

So, these are legals but you are not sure that I can see them in Denmark, right?
Everything in the official repo has been checked and approved. None use illegally sourced media, all sources are from the legitimate copyright holders where applicable.

But as noted, some of them restrict where their media can be accessed from. Try them and see.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-02-22, 15:37)DarrenHill Wrote: Everything in the official repo has been checked and approved. None use illegally sourced media, all sources are from the legitimate copyright holders where applicable.

But as noted, some of them restrict where their media can be accessed from. Try them and see.
thank you so much, I'll install them and then try them

the most important thing is that they are legals.

thanks again!
(2020-02-22, 15:39)ep1989 Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 15:37)DarrenHill Wrote: Everything in the official repo has been checked and approved. None use illegally sourced media, all sources are from the legitimate copyright holders where applicable.

thank you so much, I'll install them and then try them

the most important thing is that they are legals.

thanks again! 
Rai Play works well but Mediaset Play gives me an error

here's the screenshot: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/e3200a1...722/f79a57
As I don't speak Italian, but it seems to be a problem with inputstream adaptive.

Check if you have that installed and enabled, if not it's in the same official repo as the main addon was (in virtual file systems).

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-02-22, 15:52)DarrenHill Wrote: As I don't speak Italian, but it seems to be a problem with inputstream adaptive.

Check if you have that installed and enabled, if not it's in the same official repo as the main addon was (in virtual file systems).

the add on is installed and enabled, but same error as before 

the error says: "the add on can't be uploaded, unknown error" 

error in english: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/5700342...955/42be02

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Legal0