Are there any free legal video add ons that don't require a cable tv subscription?
I currently have Kodi installed on a 2nd Gen Fire TV box. I also use my Fire TV for Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, CBS Now. I'm just curious of what is free and legal I can install on Kodi. Maybe an add on that offers a good selection of Public Domain movies and shows.
Crackle, Internet Archive, Pluto TV, Popcornflix, Shout Factory TV, Xumo TV.  All addons in the Kodi Repo are legal.
https://tubitv.com/
google search addon
Look at what is in the video section of the official repo.

Note that the sources of the media used for the addons often have geo-locking in place, so if you are not in the correct country (as identified by your IP address) then you may not be able to access the media and so the addon will not work.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-03-16, 13:06)DarrenHill Wrote: Note that the sources of the media used for the addons often have geo-locking in place, so if you are not in the correct country (as identified by your IP address) then you may not be able to access the media and so the addon will not work.
PlutoTV and much of Popcornflix are georestricted to USA.  Outside the USA, for many countries, XumoTV is far superior than PlutoTV.  That may change someday (as I posted earlier) Pluto was posting for jobs in Canada for people to oversee rights negotiations.
(2020-03-16, 18:42)barney63 Wrote:
(2020-03-16, 13:06)DarrenHill Wrote: Note that the sources of the media used for the addons often have geo-locking in place, so if you are not in the correct country (as identified by your IP address) then you may not be able to access the media and so the addon will not work.
PlutoTV and much of Popcornflix are georestricted to USA.  Outside the USA, for many countries, XumoTV is far superior than PlutoTV.  That may change someday (as I posted earlier) Pluto was posting for jobs in Canada for people to oversee rights negotiations. 

PlutoTV is also fully available in the United Kingdom.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Are there any free legal video add ons that don't require a cable tv subscription?0