• 192(current)
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on
(2024-05-25, 00:16)Buff Wrote: Hi @Gmjh thanks for your reply. I am signed in, but the Watching function only seems to show things that I've started or watched an episode of etc.... Not things that I've added to my Watchlist in BBC iPlayer.

Try the "Added" section instead of the "Watching" section. You can add programmes by right-clicking on them in other listings.
(2024-05-17, 09:26)Hitcher Wrote: I have a small request:

Would you mind removing the bold tags from labels please because they mess with skins that use their own bold tags?

Currently:

With bold tags removed from iplayer addon:

Thanks.

We had that discussion some time ago. The bold tags are there to be able to sort in non-autoplay mode (everything is a folder) better in skins that don't use their own bold tags, for example Estuary. Fixing it for some skins will break the functionality on others. So far, I have not come across a good (and easy to implement) solution to work well in both scenarios.
Thanks for the reply.
(2024-05-26, 07:23)CaptainT Wrote:
(2024-05-25, 00:16)Buff Wrote: Hi @Gmjh thanks for your reply. I am signed in, but the Watching function only seems to show things that I've started or watched an episode of etc.... Not things that I've added to my Watchlist in BBC iPlayer.

Try the "Added" section instead of the "Watching" section. You can add programmes by right-clicking on them in other listings.

Thanks CaptainT but when I bring up the context menu there is no Add option only Add to Favourites, which is Kodi favourites. I've added a few programmes to my Watchlist in iplayer (on the web) but these do not show up in the Added section of the addon. Any ideas?
Hi,

I am having trouble with the add-on.
Whatever category/programme I click on I get an error message: 
Error

I'm using KODI on my laptop and have VPN installed.
I am just a brave user of KODI, but have no idea how it works. Yet, I bless those who created it.
(2024-05-27, 13:15)mmccannon Wrote: I am having trouble with the add-on.
What add-on..? If it's something that violates our forum rules... go away. Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki)
(2024-05-27, 13:15)mmccannon Wrote: and have VPN installed.
Official:VPN policy (wiki) and https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=334556
(2024-05-27, 13:15)mmccannon Wrote: Hi,

I am having trouble with the add-on.
Whatever category/programme I click on I get an error message: 
Error

I'm using KODI on my laptop and have VPN installed.
I am just a brave user of KODI, but have no idea how it works. Yet, I bless those who created it.

We don't generally support VPNs here (see our VPN policy (wiki)).

Also the use of a VPN to overcome geolocking is not something that is supported by this addon either. And the addon will not work with non-UK IP addresses (and indeed many commercial VPN providers, as the BBC block those too).
So if you're within the UK, I'd suggest to try again without a VPN being active and if the issue persists then post the report of that (including log) here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2024-05-27, 16:41)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2024-05-27, 13:15)mmccannon Wrote:  

We don't generally support VPNs here (see our VPN policy (wiki)).

Also the use of a VPN to overcome geolocking is not something that is supported by this addon either. And the addon will not work with non-UK IP addresses (and indeed many commercial VPN providers, as the BBC block those too).
So if you're within the UK, I'd suggest to try again without a VPN being active and if the issue persists then post the report of that (including log) here.

Thanks for your reply.
The thing is my workplace demand a VPN, and I am travelling up and down the British isles.
Just tried without VPN and it doesn't work. (I'm in Doncaster for the day.)
It looks like perhaps an SSL error - does iPlayer via a browser work with your set-up?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi there, sorry for the late reply. I've never had any issues accessing it before and it is hit/miss, some days it works great, some days nope, not able to access it. 

However, since reading a bit more responses on this thread, I understand the use of VPN and not being in the UK is a not supported on this forum, so I'll just hope that one day it resolves itself and go back to how it was about 2 months ago. 

Thank you.
Yeah I can't get anything to play on live or catch up now. Just doesn't seem to work at all.
(2024-06-07, 23:30)Gmjh Wrote: Yeah I can't get anything to play on live or catch up now. Just doesn't seem to work at all.

Works just fine, whether live or VOD.
Are you in the UK?
(2024-05-17, 09:37)barney63 Wrote:
(2023-08-28, 04:43)matthuisman Wrote: You should look at adding support for https://github.com/add-ons/service.iptv.manager (and therefore IPTV Merge)
I was wondering if this has been done or is being considered for the iPlayer addon.  Just wanted to add my name to those who would like to see it.
I too would love to see this happen, in fact I did request this a couple of years ago and got told "No because iPlayer isn't an IPTV service".

I have however found a way to manually create the live channels as an IPTV playlist to use in IPTV Merge:
You need the player URL for the live channels you want to include. To get that, launch the channel and with the channel playing, navigate back to the menu then open the current playlist. You should see the channel name in the playlist, save the playlist and you can now open it in a text editor and get the player URL.
You will also need an xmltv source for the EPG data, I used "Takealug EPG grabber" from Kodinerds because I have no idea how to extract the programme data shown within the addon for each channel.
Unfortunately this method doesn't carry the "Watch from the start" option through to the TV guide, it will only launch the live channel. To watch from the start you still need to do this from within the addon.

It's a messy workaround, so it would be very cool if the addon could integrate with IPTV Manager / IPTV Merge, it seems like all the ingredients are already there, it just needs someone that knows how to put them all together.
Can anyone help me setup kodi so I can use it with my IPTV I have my own login credentials.
  • 192(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"iPlayer WWW" add-on12