Scraping movies, misses alot of movie posters
(2020-04-29, 15:48)neurosis13 Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 15:23)docwra Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 15:21)neurosis13 Wrote: why upload new stuff which can be deleted anytime and without a reason given?  
Well you make a very good point.... One I can't really answer just being a mod Smile

But I can only say that there must be a specific reason for this rather radical action. I doubt it is something that is going to happen again.  

they deleted perfectly fine artwork in the past, i constantly notice this.
  i have lot's of fanart which i downloaded as extra fanart on my hard disk which i can re-upload but first they need to explain themselves what exactly happened and if they will prevent this in the future. 

no explanation...

they dump the work of hundreds of people during a few years and they just said : "you can reupload it"

what a waste of time.
Okay, I was wondering why all of my movies were missing covers all of a sudden. You see, I took the time to meticulously choose certain covers I liked for my 500+ movies. So after nuking my library and rescanning and the problem still being there and setting up my covers again, I realized all of the old covers have been deleted from the MovieDB. Ridiculous. I, as am sure many of us have spent loads of time uploading covers there in the past. I don't even understand the logic in this. For example, I try to pull the cover for the movie Brick. I have the DVD also, and have seen it in the thrift store a bunch of times. The most common version of the movie cover isn't available. Instead, the cover on MovieDB is someone's artsy photoshopped movie poster. Totally stupid.

Is there some kind of scraper or addon that will pull covers from IMDB instead?
(2020-05-11, 11:31)lordkramdar Wrote: Is there some kind of scraper or addon that will pull covers from IMDB instead?
No. IMDB is not known for their artwork. You could try fanart.tv, they generally have the same posters and fanart as TheMovieDB.

Yes, a strange issue with all the deletions. But a good reminder for using local artwork.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Looks like I'll be going back to fanart.tv - lucky I already exported all of my metadata to local files during the backup process.

That being said, something I liked about TMDB was the resolution entry underneath each background. I select 2160p images where appropriate (having modified my advancedsettings.xml accordingly) so it was an easy task to identify the most suitable background before scraping. On fanart.tv you can preview all images but I can't find their original dimensions anywhere. Perhaps I am missing something obvious?

Also just to confirm - is Universal Scraper the best choice for fanart.tv entries?
(2020-05-11, 11:31)lordkramdar Wrote: Is there some kind of scraper or addon that will pull covers from IMDB instead?

Actually Universal Movie Scraper should be able to pull images from IMDb - there is a setting for this. Not sure if it works though, I think no one is using this.
...but as @Karellen said, those images are not the best ones.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping movies, misses alot of movie posters0