v19 episodes being scanned incorrectly due to ["random number"] at end of file name
one of the files in question is labeled "Black Clover - 01x109 [FuniDub 1080p x264 AAC] [E259EAF1]"

this is then scanned in as episode 259 due to reading the [E259 part of the file name

this happens with many other files also, depending on the numbers at the end of the filename

I have tried adding clean strings entries into advanced settings with no luck, an example can be seen below.

<cleanstrings>
     <regexp>[E([0-9]+)([\\/]*)$</regexp>
  </cleanstrings>

Please help!
One of the renaming tools Supplemental tools (wiki) should clean that listing up nicely. Most of the extraneous information in your title (res, codex, audio), is available inside Kodi after the scrap and is not needed in the title.
(2020-11-25, 19:03)PatK Wrote: One of the renaming tools Supplemental tools (wiki) should clean that listing up nicely. Most of the extraneous information in your title (res, codex, audio), is available inside Kodi after the scrap and is not needed in the title.
I appreciate your suggestion but that's unfortunately not what I'm looking for. These files were scraped correctly in previous versions of kodi but since updating to 19 I have had this issue. Im not sure why kodi is picking up a single E59 etc at the end of a file name without explicitly being told to use that prefix inside a season folder. As far as Im aware through reading the wiki, this isnt the default behaviour when looking for naming conventions, S01E01, 1x01 etc. S01E01 takes precedent over the single E59 etc but 1x01 does not and this seems like an error.
(2020-11-25, 13:09)ghost_itm Wrote: one of the files in question is labeled "Black Clover - 01x109 [FuniDub 1080p x264 AAC] [E259EAF1]"
Need a Debug Log
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-27, 06:31)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-11-25, 13:09)ghost_itm Wrote: one of the files in question is labeled "Black Clover - 01x109 [FuniDub 1080p x264 AAC] [E259EAF1]"
Need a Debug Log

here you go,

https://paste.kodi.tv/amosifadef.kodi
(2020-11-27, 09:06)ghost_itm Wrote: here you go,

https://paste.kodi.tv/amosifadef.kodi
Thanks. I can clearly see the issue, but strangely I cannot duplicate it here so I cannot explain why it is going wrong or how to fix with your existing numbering.

For your Neon Genesis show, can you change the numbering to SxxEyy instead of using the lowest rated regex match of 01x01.
Neon Genesis Evangelion - 01x10 - 1080p Hi10p [1E226801].mkv (s1e226801)
change to
Neon Genesis Evangelion - S01E10 - 1080p Hi10p [1E226801].mkv (s1e226801)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-27, 09:19)Karellen Wrote:

amosifadef.kodi (paste)
Thanks. I can clearly see the issue, but strangely I cannot duplicate it here so I cannot explain why it is going wrong or how to fix with your existing numbering.

For your Neon Genesis show, can you change the numbering to SxxEyy instead of using the lowest rated regex match of 01x01.
change to
Damn. Yes I could change it to that but it isn't the only show with this issue and I would have to go through my entire library looking for random episodes that got scanned in wrong, manually changing their naming conventions.

the file you found through the log, Neon Genisis, after your quoted line it says " [[\._ -]?()e(?:p[ ._-]?)?([0-9]+(?Sad?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]" is this not the syntax used to decide how the show is scanned in? similar to the "cleanstrings"  and "tvshowmatching" regex?

If so maybe someone can decipher this regex to understand what is going wrong.

I have tried myself but the wiki doesn't exclusively state what each regex means "https://kodi.wiki/view/RegEx_tutorial"
(2020-11-28, 05:34)ghost_itm Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 09:19)Karellen Wrote:

amosifadef.kodi (paste)

change to
Damn. Yes I could change it to that but it isn't the only show with this issue and I would have to go through my entire library looking for random episodes that got scanned in wrong, manually changing their naming conventions.

the file you found through the log, Neon Genisis, after your quoted line it says " [[\._ -]?()e(?:p[ ._-]?)?([0-9]+(?Sad?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]" is this not the syntax used to decide how the show is scanned in? similar to the "cleanstrings"  and "tvshowmatching" regex?

I have tried myself but the wiki doesn't exclusively state what each regex means "https://kodi.wiki/view/RegEx_tutorial"
here is the line again, hopefully it works this time
[[\._ -:
?()e(?:p[ ._-]?)?([0-9]+(?Sad?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]]
(2020-11-28, 05:37)ghost_itm Wrote:
(2020-11-28, 05:34)ghost_itm Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 09:19)Karellen Wrote: Thanks. I can clearly see the issue, but strangely I cannot duplicate it here so I cannot explain why it is going wrong or how to fix with your existing numbering.

change to

here is the line again, hopefully it works this time
[[\._ -:
?()e(?:p[ ._-]?)?([0-9]+(?Sad?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]]
no it doesn't like it, please refer to line 1700 of the log
I don't think what I asked for was excessive. So can you change that one episode and tell me if it works? Is that a possibility?
My Signature
(2020-11-28, 05:58)Karellen Wrote: I don't think what I asked for was excessive. So can you change that one episode and tell me if it works? Is that a possibility?

Yes of course. It works but I already knew this worked, I should have been more clear in my original post. It just doesn't solve the problem.

I have hundreds of shows with random episodes being scraped incorrectly, that use the 1x01 (#x#) naming convention. E# is taking priority, regardless of placement or format within the file name, over #x# and I don't know why as I don't believe it to be the default behavior of kodi.

here is the log after re-scanning the file in:
https://paste.kodi.tv/umucetasul.kodi
(2020-11-29, 07:12)ghost_itm Wrote: I have hundreds of shows with random episodes being scraped incorrectly
Scrapers and meta-data web sites are continually changing, it's all a work in progress; proper nomenclature should eliminate this issue.
(2020-11-29, 17:08)PatK Wrote:
(2020-11-29, 07:12)ghost_itm Wrote: I have hundreds of shows with random episodes being scraped incorrectly
Scrapers and meta-data web sites are continually changing, it's all a work in progress; proper nomenclature should eliminate this issue.
Which is exactly what I have done! please read my posts before posting an unhelpful reply... Kodi's own documentation explicitly states this and that is why I am confused as to why the problem exists.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X2a-C4K...sp=sharing

Source: https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

A file named "name 1X01 [E2FG]" should not be scanned in as episode 2 according to your own documentation and that is what I am seeking clarification on.
(2020-12-01, 06:10)ghost_itm Wrote: please read my posts before posting an unhelpful reply...
Yes please read my posts before before complaining that something is not working the way you want it, your error couldn't be duplicated, it's an old wiki. "Black Clover - 01x109 [FuniDub 1080p x264 AAC] [E259EAF1]" What's all this garbage in red, might be time to use a proper naming convention.
Hi, I am trying to clean up file names from being scraped incorrectly due to unique identifiers on the end of my filenames

I am trying to get this file "Black Clover - 01x109 [FuniDub 1080p x264 AAC] [E259EAF1]"  to be read as  "Black Clover - 01x109 [FuniDub 1080p x264 AAC]"

Is anyone able to suggest a cleanstrings regex I could add to advanced settings to make this happen?

maybe something like "ignore all symbols inside brackets"

many thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
episodes being scanned incorrectly due to ["random number"] at end of file name0