v19 Since Update USB Connected Drives No Longer Have Their Unique Names
I'm using SHILED TV (2017).

Forgive the vagueness if there is any. I'm not a power user. 

Under "Media" is where I find my USB-attached drives. Previously each drive had a unique name that I had created when I formatted each one.  For example, a drive was called "Home Movies", and now it's called "80200FE1200FDCDCD2". (I'm assuming this is the drive's serial).  KODI 19 is ignoring the unique name. When I have several drives connected, this is a nuisance.  Is this a setting I need to find and change, or is it a bug?  Hopefully it's not something that's no longer possible.  That would be odd since it has been possible since I've been using KODI.

Thanks for your help!
(2021-02-21, 06:39)120inna55 Wrote: I'm using SHILED TV (2017).

Under "Media" is where I find my USB-attached drives. Previously each drive had a unique name that I had created when I formatted each one.  For example, a drive was called "Home Movies", and now it's called "80200FE1200FDCDCD2". (I'm assuming this is the drive's serial).  KODI 19 is ignoring the unique name. When I have several drives connected, this is a nuisance.  Is this a setting I need to find and change, or is it a bug?  Hopefully it's not something that's no longer possible.  That would be odd since it has been possible since I've been using KODI.

Thanks for your help!

I'm having the same issue on the same device (nvidia shield tv 2017).
(2021-02-21, 06:39)120inna55 Wrote: I'm using SHILED TV (2017).

Thanks for your help!

Same here. To make matters worse it now also duplicated the drives. I only have one HDD but it shows two HDD with whatever the logical name is.
(2021-02-21, 06:39)120inna55 Wrote: Under "Media" is where I find my USB-attached drives. Previously each drive had a unique name that I had created when I formatted each one.  For example, a drive was called "Home Movies", and now it's called "80200FE1200FDCDCD2". (I'm assuming this is the drive's serial).  KODI 19 is ignoring the unique name. When I have several drives connected, this is a nuisance.  Is this a setting I need to find and change, or is it a bug?  Hopefully it's not something that's no longer possible.  That would be odd since it has been possible since I've been using KODI.
I have the same problem .... 2 usb drives   connected to a Buzz TV box.  Names changed to serial number.
With V19.0 on standard 32bit Android (HiMedia Pro10), the internal HDD and external USB HDD's show (in duplicate with all files) as the Android/Linux designation sda1 and sdb2, etc., instead of the usual names given when the library share was set up.
I have not yet found a way to change the name or remove the duplicated drives showing in the library (both seems to update but only one still has the tick for being watched).

I remember years ago, this was how a previous Kodi release handled hard drives.  This was fixed at a later release.  Not sure what can be done now in V19?
Looks like a lot of us having the same problem. Is there anyone on the Kodi team that can say if this is a bug that needs to be fixed, please Smile
If I remember correctly, Matrix had an update (mandated by Google) to v26 of the SDK for Android. It may be related to that perhaps.

The larger issue though is we don't currently have any active developers for Android on the team, so it may be tricky and/or lengthy to get this looked into.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
DarrenHill, thank you so much for your reply. Do you think I can submit this issue as a bug?
I have the same problem on Nvidia Shield
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
(2021-03-05, 16:10)shota99 Wrote: DarrenHill, thank you so much for your reply. Do you think I can submit this issue as a bug?

Yes, the bug tracker is available at the top of the page.

I have no idea if/when it may get some attention though unfortunately.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi

I've figured out a dirty workaround, it's not perfect but works for me.
I added the USB drive in Source.xml manually. The right path I got from an old favorite link in kodi 18.

<source>
<name>Elements</name>
<path pathversion="1">/storage/SHIELD/Elements/</path>
<allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
</source>

("Elements" is mine in windows given USB drive name, has to be changed to your USB name)
I've done that for video, files etc. sources.

I got the USB name back in kodi and all my favorites and database is working.

Disadvantage you will have 2 drives in kodi one with the Name and one with the driveID number.
But doesn't bother me too much

!!No !! It is Important u make sure no Folders in the "Number-USB-drive" are set as content and are excluded from Library scan.
Otherwise, u end up with double entries in your database. Nod

It's not the best solution, but maybe someone has use for it
This should have been fixed in PR https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19523 and release 19.1 https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-matrix-191-release apparently.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Since Update USB Connected Drives No Longer Have Their Unique Names0