Solved Kodi crashing on startup on Windows 10
Every time I open Kodi it immediately crashes for some reason. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and cleared all Kodi-related files utilizing Revo Uninstaller and the issue hasn't been rectified. I would appreciate any assistance. The log is posted below. Thanks.

https://paste.kodi.tv/reliquyato.kodi
FTL: Desktop Resolution: 3840x2160 32Bit at 30Hz ouch, that must be hard to look at. For the purposes of testing can you set desktop to 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, ensure you don't have a disk in the optical drive, and joysticks are unplugged, and let's see what those settings will do.
(2021-08-15, 17:31)PatK Wrote: FTL: Desktop Resolution: 3840x2160 32Bit at 30Hz ouch, that must be hard to look at. For the purposes of testing can you set desktop to 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, ensure you don't have a disk in the optical drive, and joysticks are unplugged, and let's see what those settings will do.

I had similar would crash on start, no error message and for me it was Microsoft Visual C++ needed to be uninstalled as it had corrupted.
Quote:The vast majority of complaints come from people saying that they are having dll file Kodi issues.

Damaged DLL files can be the result of installing and reinstalling programs constantly. Some files get overwritten a few times and corrupted like this. This causes problems with those particular applications when the programs need older versions of the DLL to run. but it is overwritten with the newer version. The program starts showing errors and malfunction or even crash, so you can't run wanted apps.
(2021-08-15, 18:22)fsurfer Wrote:
(2021-08-15, 17:31)PatK Wrote: FTL: Desktop Resolution: 3840x2160 32Bit at 30Hz ouch, that must be hard to look at. For the purposes of testing can you set desktop to 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, ensure you don't have a disk in the optical drive, and joysticks are unplugged, and let's see what those settings will do.

I had similar would crash on start, no error message and for me it was Microsoft Visual C++ needed to be uninstalled as it had corrupted.
Quote:The vast majority of complaints come from people saying that they are having dll file Kodi issues.

Damaged DLL files can be the result of installing and reinstalling programs constantly. Some files get overwritten a few times and corrupted like this. This causes problems with those particular applications when the programs need older versions of the DLL to run. but it is overwritten with the newer version. The program starts showing errors and malfunction or even crash, so you can't run wanted apps.

This was definitely the fix! I uninstalled C++ and reinstalled and my issues went away. Thank you @PatK and @fsurfer
Thread marked solved.
(2021-08-21, 14:52)barib523 Wrote:
(2021-08-15, 18:22)fsurfer Wrote:

This was definitely the fix! I uninstalled C++ and reinstalled and my issues went away. Thank you @PatK and @fsurfer
Hi barib523- Did you have to uninstall ALL your C++ libraries?? I have at least 15!! Help!! Kodi 19 doesn´t start without any message on my W10...
@estgf

Shouldn't high-jack 'solved' threads, most users don't look at them unless it's exactly their issue and solve. Start your own thread and post a proper debug log pls.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashing on startup on Windows 100