v18 FixedList Control : Unexpected variation in initial scroll position
Expected Behavior : When Kodi(18) starts, fixed lists are scrolled to the first item in the list.

Observed Behavior : Fixedlists are scrolled to a random position when Kodi starts. The scroll position is not consistent but varies on restart.

Demonstration (GIF): On most of the lists, posters appear to the left of the white focus rectangle.

Identified causes : Fixedlist is set to random sorting as follows :
xml:
<content sortby="random" target="$PARAM[widget_target]">$PARAM[content_path]</content>

The smart playlist that is the source of the dynamic content:
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Comedy movies</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">
        <value>Comedy</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="descending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

Remarks:
I've used Estuary skin as a starting point.
I'm not using nor have I been able to identify any relevant uses of "Control.Move" or "Control.SetFocus" functions.
If the skin is reloaded using the "ReloadSkin()", after Kodi has started, the fixedlist scroll position are reset to the first item in the list.
The essential structure of the controls is as follows :

Question : Is this the expected behavior; can I avoid it somehow?

Thanks
At a guess they're just remembering their last known positions.
(2021-11-04, 02:10)Hitcher Wrote: At a guess they're just remembering their last known positions.
Thanks Hitcher.
Under "Observed Behavior", I mentioned that, "The scroll position is not consistent but varies on restart" - i.e. when I query(use an "InfoLabel") the fixed list with "Container(id).CurrentItem", the result varies every time I restart Kodi.

Another curious fact is that this value varies during startup, as shown below:
But it stays on the same item so maybe it sets the focus position before the list has finished loading.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FixedList Control : Unexpected variation in initial scroll position0