Solved ExtendedInfo Script - error
Hi. I just updated the Youtube API and my Kodi keeps crashing now. The crash log is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/ofezupiriq.kodi

If someone could advise what to do? Crashing on Extended Info Script? Or when seeking Logo? 

I looked for ExtendedInfo Script in Program addons but it's not there. 

The crash happens when I'm in Music Artists, and I right click for information, and try to select art. Not sure if the crash is related to the API update.

Any solutions?
This line in your log:

Code:
2021-12-14 12:50:40.023 T:12460 ERROR <general>: Unable to find plugin script.extendedinfo

...and all subsequent errors with the same wording indicate that something (probably the skin you are using) require ExtendedInfo script to be installed as a dependancy. The fact that you don't have that addon installed might be what's causing the crash. The relevance to the YouTube addon is uncertain except for the fact that it seems to use a skin's 'standardized' dialogs and windows to display it's content, which would be expected, and whichever window it's displaying might have code in that requires the ExtendedInfo script.

Check the addons file list for the skin you are using, then right-click on the skin (or use your remote control's context menu button). Once the properties window opens, select the 'dependancies' button and ensure that all the dependancies the skin relies on are installed. selecting any that aren't should result in a prompt for you to download (and install) that dependancy, so long as it is present in the standard Kodi repository for the version of Kodi you are using. Any 3rd-party dependancies will probably need to be installed separately if you don't already have the repositories to which they belong already installed and / or enabled.

Dan / Gib.
Just as a point to note: ExtendedInfo is somewhat deprecated as of now. It's functionality seems to have been largely replaced by EmburaryInfo from what I've been seeing with regards skins I've used, but that depends on skinners / skin maintainers to remove the ExtendedInfo code and replace it with EmbruaryInfo code as they are likely different in the way they operate. So it might be dangerous to have both installed at the same time as this might result in conflicts between the two.

I would suggest that if you wish to keep using the skin you are using, get rid of (or at least disable) EmburaryInfo, if you have another skin installed that you are NOT currently using that requires it, prior to installing ExtendedInfo. Alternatively, it might be the case that you will have to ditch the skin you are using and move to something that is more up-to-date that doesn't require the dependancy on the ExtendedInfo script to begin with.

Dan / Gib.
Rapier doesn't depend on script.extendedinfo.
It uses script.embuary.info a lot and depends on script.embuary.helper.

So please don't uninstall any of those.

I have made some changes to some old script.extendedinfo code.
Please install my development repository and check if this fixes the issues:
Rapier 12.3.6 for Kodi 19
Rapier 13.0.2 for Kodi 20

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Dev...Repository
Thanks for the replies!

Gade, I updated what you suggested. Still crashing. Here is a new log: https://paste.kodi.tv/efihuberov.kodi

I was basically in the Artist folder and trying to update the fanart. When I click on "information" or "choose art" it will crash every other time. 

I notice it's calling up a Youtube plugin in the log. Why? Also, the problem seems to be with this: CPythonInvoker

Or is the crash happening when Kodi checks for the image file in my artist folder? ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::Exists - Error checking for image://Browse/
Help please.
I would really like to get this crash fixed. Thanks.
I can not update fanart in my music library because the program keeps crashing. Why??
this is no fast food restaurant Smile let the devs work without a daily reminder. at all, this is no skin failure - it is a script error.
It's been over 2 weeks now since my last reply to Gade. So...yea, I'd like to get this resolved.
@Pitman33

All Team Kodi members and addon/skin developers do this for free in our spare time.
We do it because we like the project.

It will only frustrate people when you do daily posts if you don't get an answer.
People will answer when they have time.

Right now I'm very busy with work and personal stuff.
I'm spending time developing new features for Rapier 13 and also maintaining translations at Weblate.

This is likely not a skin error, but a script error.

I can see you use the Youtube addon without being looged in.
Try fully uninstaling this addon and restart Kodi to see if it fixes the crashes.
Thanks for the reply! My apologies for being impatient. It is linked to the Youtube thing. Even after getting the API credentials working and logging in, it still crashed. But if I disable the app. it works. So, I just disable it now.
Great that it works when disabling the addon.
I actually thought it would work when adding API credentials and logging in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ExtendedInfo Script - error0