Solved "i" Info vs context->Information - is there a difference?
Hi there,

I used to be able to show Movie information when pressing "i" on the keyboard as well as going to the movie context menu and selecting Information.

Now when I press "i" I get "Error - No information found" vs the regular expected movie infos when using the context menu.

keymap <i> is not overriden and is bound to <i>Info</i> as far as I can see. 

Is there any way to find out whats wrong?
Get a 'real' keyboard press of the 'i'nformation & 'c'ontext should indicate if those keys are functional. Sounds like a key-map failure. Alternative keymaps for most remotes (wiki) and Keymap (wiki)
(2022-01-13, 21:04)ralfonat Wrote: Now when I press "i" I get "Error - No information found" vs the regular expected movie infos when using the context menu.
The i button does two things.
1. Shows the Information Page which is what you are expecting to see.
2. When in Files mode, pressing i on a title that is not in the library starts the scrape of that title.

You are experiencing item 2, and you are being told that the scraper cannot find that title at the provider site, so it cannot show you the expected Information Page.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-01-13, 21:46)PatK Wrote: Get a 'real' keyboard press of the 'i'nformation & 'c'ontext should indicate if those keys are functional. Sounds like a key-map failure. Alternative keymaps for most remotes (wiki) and Keymap (wiki)

Can you help me with your sentence? What exactly is a real keyboard? Mine is pretty real. I do press 'i' and 'c' and it does what I have written. Or do you mean I should use debug logging?

Here is my keymap. https://pastebin.com/TRaCXBuC
(2022-01-13, 21:46)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-01-13, 21:04)ralfonat Wrote: Now when I press "i" I get "Error - No information found" vs the regular expected movie infos when using the context menu.
The i button does two things.
1. Shows the Information Page which is what you are expecting to see.
2. When in Files mode, pressing i on a title that is not in the library starts the scrape of that title.

You are experiencing item 2, and you are being told that the scraper cannot find that title at the provider site, so it cannot show you the expected Information Page.
Thanks, but this doesn't seem to be able to explain what I am seeing. I am in Library view I get the plot/art/rating etc. displayed. Press i gives me the error. press c->information I get all the movie information. So i cant be 2. ?

Could It be some addon that interferes? I see all these helper addons and not sure what they do or if they are rerouting the keys?

Also I am using rapier skin if that makes a difference.

Many thanks
(2022-01-16, 11:18)ralfonat Wrote: Also I am using rapier skin if that makes a difference.

It could make a difference, but that would be weird. Go to the default Estuary skin for troubleshooting.
Does your keyboard use the default US layout, or is there some other language involved?
Do you have keyboard software running in the background?
(2022-01-16, 11:34)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-01-16, 11:18)ralfonat Wrote: Also I am using rapier skin if that makes a difference.

It could make a difference, but that would be weird. Go to the default Estuary skin for troubleshooting.
Does your keyboard use the default US layout, or is there some other language involved?
Do you have keyboard software running in the background?

currently using DE layout, but the action seem to map fine:

Code:
1564: 2022-01-16 10:41:52.331 T:18844   DEBUG <general>: CInputManager::HandleKey: i (0xf049) pressed, action is Info
1800: 2022-01-16 10:41:54.248 T:18844   DEBUG <general>: CInputManager::HandleKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
1819: 2022-01-16 10:41:54.964 T:18844   DEBUG <general>: CInputManager::HandleKey: c (0xf043) pressed, action is ContextMenu
1856: 2022-01-16 10:41:55.598 T:18844   DEBUG <general>: CInputManager::HandleKey: down (0xf081) pressed, action is Down
1860: 2022-01-16 10:41:56.031 T:18844   DEBUG <general>: CInputManager::HandleKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select

Also worth noting is I am using LOCAL NFO scraper.

Trying standard skin next.

Edit: Update: Works without problems in Estuary skin. Hmm wonder if there is a Rapier setting that does this...

Update2: When I press "i" in rapier on a movie that has numbers I get this dialog:

https://i.imgur.com/MIinj0z.png

Now what is thisHuh Seems like an actor selector dialog??
(2022-01-16, 11:59)ralfonat Wrote: Edit: Update: Works without problems in Estuary skin. Hmm wonder if there is a Rapier setting that does this...

If Estuary is in the clear, then it seems that Rapier is somehow the culprit.
I'm moving this thread to the Rapier section.
Hi guys.

Thanks for trying to solve this.

Which version of Rapier and Kodi do you use?
It could be something wrong with an oninfo command.

Which view type do you use?
Does this happen in all views?

Can you post some screenshots from where it doesn't work?
Hi Gade,

I love your skin ;-)

After quick testing it seems to be occurring with the "WRAP INFO" view that I use. The problem doesnt occur in any other view that I tested right now. What else should i debug?

Edit: using Kodi 19.3.0 on winx64 and Rapier skin version 12.3.5

Also I have attached a screenshot of the helpers view:

https://i.imgur.com/F18ioD2.jpeg
Hi @ralfonat.

Thanks so much for the support and kind words.

This was a really ugly bug. I don't know what I must have been thinking when adding that :-D

It's fixed now and should work.
Please try out v12.3.9 from my development repository and let me know if it works.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Dev...Repository
Gade,

many thanks for your quick reply.

Your version .9 works like a charm.

What can I say? Awesome skin and perfect service ;-)

OT:

1) Does the "In Cinemas" and "Upcoming Movies" not exist in current version?
2) I cannot seem to install the other addons (helper stuff) from your repo as it complains about unsatisfyable requirements. Is this normal?
Thanks for your fast reply.

I'm glad everything is working again.
Thanks for reporting this issue.
Please let me know if you find anything else.

1) "In cinemas" and "Upcoming movies" widgets are provided by plugin.video.themoviedb.helper addon.
You can install and enable this in the skin settings.

2) Skin helper addons are not officially updated for Kodi 19.
You can install them from here: https://github.com/kodi-community-addons
But they are only used for minor stuff in the skin now.
I'm trying to replace all their functions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"i" Info vs context->Information - is there a difference?0