Kodi 19.5 - Windows 10 - Sound config is reset when I turn off my audio device
My Windows 10 sound settings keep getting reset when I turn my AV Receiver off.  FYI it's an Onkyo TX-SR494 connected via HDMI-eARC.  I want the default setup in Windows to be set to 5.1 Surround, but when I turn the AVR off the setting is switched to the default setting Stereo.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I think this is not something that Kodi can reinforce. It's that Windows resets the sound configuration to the default if a sound device is no longer available. I understand the reasoning for this but since Kodi on Windows is my HTPC setup I wish I could just select 5.1 Surround and it would stay that way.  If there was a PowerShell script that I could easily trigger that would help.

Any suggestions? Anyone?
Cheers................................DenmanGuy

Amp: ONKYO TX-SR494; Display: SAMSUNG Q60 58" QLED TV; Processor: Fire TV Stick 4K Max (2nd Gen) - Quad-core 2.0GHz; OS: Android; RAM: 16 GB; KODI: 21.0.0
If you can disable all other audio devices in your Win10 PC, nothing will happen if you then turn off your Onkyo.

When you turn off your Onkyo, Windows looks for an alternative audio device and, typically, finds a headphone audio jack or an SPDIF adapter.

Andy
You can try the steps described in this thread but as already mentioned, the problem is that Kodi doesn't like it when you start it up and the default audio device isn't visible.  The problem is likely worse for Windows users as Windows hides devices that aren't available which pretty much leaves Kodi no choice but to switch to the current default audio device according to Windows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.5 - Windows 10 - Sound config is reset when I turn off my audio device0