Why isn't my text scrolling?
I've been modifying includes_osd.xml to make it look more more like Plex's music playback screen. I've got it exactly how I want it, except it won't scroll text for songs or album names with really long titles. Here's what I've got.
The artist name scrolls without issue, but the song and album titles are stuck and they get cut off. I've tried placing <scroll>true</scroll> and <scrollspeed>100</scrollspeed> on every line possible, but it just won't go. What am I missing?
Bump
You've got them in the grouplist control not the label control.
(2022-08-31, 21:53)Hitcher Wrote: You've got them in the grouplist control not the label control.
I've tried putting the lines under label control, and it doesn't make a difference.
Add a max length value?

<width max="200">auto</width>
(2022-09-01, 10:31)Hitcher Wrote: Add a max length value?

<width max="200">auto</width>
I don't think that will work. Here's a short video of includes_osd.xml when I play music. You'll see that the group itself takes up the entire space next to the album art work. It would be great if the text could wrap without covering the label below it. Or have it put ellipses at the end of the title, so it appears as "Gold Heart Mountain Top..."  instead of "Gold Heart Mountain Top Queen"

I should say that I don't know how to do this stuff myself. I just figure out which part of the code needs to be changed, and I alter it. If I knew how, I'd make a skin from scratch.

Edit: Ok so I apologize for doubting you. Adding that attribute got <scroll> to work! I thought it was to adjust the width of the label. Thanks so much!
It's disappearing because the length hasn't been set.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why isn't my text scrolling?0