Recent videos glitchy
I've been getting glitchy playback for quite a while now. Running a Rpi 4 Model B 4GB. Sometimes artifacts, jumps, stuttering or getting stuck. Enough that quite a lot of what I try to watch is unwatchable. My older files play fine, it's just content from the last 6 months or so that's problematic. Most of the time this happens at exactly the same point in a given video. Videos play fine on PC/Mac using VLC. I've done the following to diagnose, though all installs have the same issue:

Clean install of LibreELEC 10.0.2
Clean install of LibreELEC 9.2
Clean install of OSMC 2022.03-1

Running video from NAS (ethernet) and on USB stick locally, same issues. I'm not spotting any major differences in the files when I check with MediaInfo - all H264 AVC 1080p 23.976fps, but not sure what I'm looking for here tbh. Have tried enabling/disabling HW acceleration, but also not seeing a difference. Each install seems to have different HW accelleratiion options. Up until this point it's all been pretty much trouble free for years. Anything else I should be checking?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Log file here: dakewifaje.kodi (paste)
Please test with the latest LibreELEC 10 nightly build from here https://test.libreelec.tv/10.0/RPi/RPi4/

This looks a lot like a bug that's been fixed some time ago (but after the 10.0.2 release)

so long,

Hias
Thanks for the response. Just tried the latest nightly. Run on a few known problematic videos and no dicernable difference, still glitching in exactly the same spots that play through fine on VLC on PC.
In this case please upload a sample so we can try to reproduce and analyze the issues.

A debug log from your system playing that sample would also help. Run "pastekodi" via ssh or use the log upload function in LE settings (that will upload kodi log plus important system info and help a lot more than pure kodi logs).

so long,

Hias

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recent videos glitchy0