Solved hide folder items?
hi, I would like to search for trailers in my skin and show the results (video thumbs). It's working. However: I need to remove the first three items of the search result As they don't contain videos but YouTube related folder items ("Channels", "Playlists", "Live")

What is the easiest way to remove or hide the first three items and only show results from the 4th entry?

this is the syntax I am using to search for tv trailers:

xml:
<value>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/search/?q=$INFO[Container.FolderName]+tv show+trailer</value>

I appreciate any help!
You need to add search_type=any to remove the Channels, Playlists and Live folders:-

I think you can set search_type to any string you want and it should work, I just used the word 'any' :)
(2022-12-05, 20:26)roidy Wrote: You need to add search_type=any to remove the Channels, Playlists and Live folders:-

I think you can set search_type to any string you want and it should work, I just used the word 'any' Smile

It worked! You da man! Big Grin Thank you so much. I was searching long and wide for a solution. Glad I asked here.

However - I do have a tiny issue. Somehow I end up seeing the trending videos (movie section) for a blink second before it updates to the actual content (the trailers I want to see.)

Any idea why? Huh
(2022-12-05, 22:59)3000 Wrote: However - I do have a tiny issue. Somehow I end up seeing the trending videos (movie section) for a blink second before it updates to the actual content (the trailers I want to see.)

Any idea why? Huh
It could be briefly displaying the previous content before the search has completed, most skins hide or cover there lists with something like a busy spinner or loading image while the content is being updated using the bool Container(id).IsUpdating

But without out seeing the skin's code that would just be a guess.
(2022-12-05, 15:24)3000 Wrote: hi, I would like to search for trailers in my skin and show the results (video thumbs). It's working. However: I need to remove the first three items of the search result As they don't contain videos but YouTube related folder items ("Channels", "Playlists", "Live")

What is the easiest way to remove or hide the first three items and only show results from the 4th entry?

this is the syntax I am using to search for tv trailers:

xml:
<value>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/search/?q=$INFO[Container.FolderName]+tv show+trailer</value>

I appreciate any help!

yt got a parameter for this
?hide_folders=true

eg

txt:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/search/
?
hide_folders=true&amp;q=artistname%2B%0Aofficial%2B%0Amusicvideos
(2022-12-08, 14:56)mardukL Wrote: yt got a parameter for this
?hide_folders=true

eg

txt:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/search/
?
hide_folders=true&q=artistname%2B%0Aofficial%2B%0Amusicvideos
Works! Thank you very much! Appreciated!!
(2022-12-06, 18:23)roidy Wrote:
(2022-12-05, 22:59)3000 Wrote: However - I do have a tiny issue. Somehow I end up seeing the trending videos (movie section) for a blink second before it updates to the actual content (the trailers I want to see.)

Any idea why? Huh
It could be briefly displaying the previous content before the search has completed, most skins hide or cover there lists with something like a busy spinner or loading image while the content is being updated using the bool Container(id).IsUpdating

But without out seeing the skin's code that would just be a guess.

Yeah, thank you. I also realised something weird. I think it may be related to my issue. I reached my daily quota limit the other day. Never happened before. I checked at Google Cloud. It says 300 requests. I didn't even watch one trailer... Just let the images load...   Turns out that's that's around 10-15 requests - each time!! Surely something is wrong. No idea what though.
request are the reason.
it does'nt matter if you play anything.

everytime the url is requested it counts towards the api calls.

- so bad practice is calls on item focus without an variable

- if you just need a thumb for a trailer item ,may use the listitem.art(**) instead
(2022-12-09, 13:06)mardukL Wrote: request are the reason.
it does'nt matter if you play anything.

everytime the url is requested it counts towards the api calls.

- so bad practice is calls on item focus without an variable

- if you just need a thumb for a trailer item ,may use the listitem.art(**) instead

ah of course. That makes sense. How do I search for just the thumbs? This is how it currently "works":

xml:

<variable name="youtube_trailers">
    <value>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/search/?hide_folders=true&q=($INFO[Container.FolderName]+trailer)</value>
</variable>

Thank you!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hide folder items?0