Moved TV Shows to new Drive problem.
Hey, hope someone can help. 

I bought a new external hard drive, and moved all my TV shows to it. I renamed the folder what it was on the old drive, and also changed the drive letter to the old one too. 

Now, in Kodi, I can see all the shows when I go to files menu and can play from there, but when I try to play back a show through the player, it says file not found, even though Kodi has access to the right drive and folder now. 

Any suggestions?

Here's a log file if it helps. https://paste.kodi.tv/iyirohileh.kodi
(2022-12-19, 03:09)Pitman33 Wrote: Now, in Kodi, I can see all the shows when I go to files menu and can play from there, but when I try to play back a show through the player, it says file not found
Can you provide a Debug Log that shows the above, and then also play directly from files menu.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen , thanks for the speedy reply. 

Here is the new log: https://paste.kodi.tv/ukilupadiv.kodi

Does this mean I have to rescan everything? Can I save my watched history?

I thought Kodi would just playback no problem since the new drive is a duplicate of the old one.

I think I see the problem, but not sure how to fix it. The original source points to SMB://PITMAN/TV SHOWS/TV SHOWS/ETC....

And when I tried a rescan of the folder in files it shows the new source as:
SMB://PITMAN/TV SHOWS/ETC....

The TV Shows are in a folder called "TV Shows" on a drive called "TV Shows" which is exactly how I had it before.
Ok, I got it. 

When I shared the drive, I forgot to label the drive when sharing "TV Shows"

Sorry for the confusion.
(2022-12-19, 04:03)Pitman33 Wrote: When I shared the drive, I forgot to label the drive when sharing "TV Shows"
Looks like it. You have an extra /TV Shows/ folder in there. Glad you spotted it. Did you fix it?

smb://xx/TV Shows/TV Shows/Banshee/banshee.s01e01.720p.bluray.x264-demand.mkv - failed to open
smb://xx/TV Shows/Banshee/banshee.s01e01.720p.bluray.x264-demand.mkv - plays ok.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes it's fixed.

I have another issue I will post. Thanks!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moved TV Shows to new Drive problem.0