v20 (Nexus) Simple PVR conflicts with TVLInk PVR (AlexELEC, CoreELEC fork)
(2023-01-21, 21:52)emveepee Wrote: One of the waits is the XMLTV server on localhost, I thinks that impacts IPTV Simple too, not sure there is an addon setting for that use case.  Perhaps script it to write to file with curl and use the file as the source so startup isn't impacted.

As for playing from localhost before the server is up that would be an AE use case.  I was going to make the addon startup delay a global setting but @ksooo said it needed to be implemented by each addon so I abandoned the PR.

Martin
@emveepee Martin,

Upon reflection, the alternative view:

1. Why not include addon startup delay with max delay as global settings, just as is true for Kodi settings in LibreElec/CoreElec: you can delay Kodi start until after the Internet connection is established.

This is very useful, especially with Wifi, and avoids much user  frustration.

2. Such global settings will save addon dev time.

3. Of course addon devs can turn this delay feature off if they really wanted to.

4. Maybe just make a zip file (aka an addon) if the PR cannot be accepted ?

There are some addon devs in countries without much electricity now, e.g., a European country in the news...so updates are not easy.
I already introduced the delay in pvr.nextpvr so it is not worth pursuing a discussion that will just cause conflict.   The issue isn't actually the network delay that can be covered in power saving options in Kodi, it is for services on local hostthat are slower to start then PVR manager which you happen to need.

Martin
Luckily TVLink PVR now can be installed along with Simple IPTV PVR:

https://forum.alexelec.tv/index.php?topic=264.0

How can I close this topic?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Nexus) Simple PVR conflicts with TVLInk PVR (AlexELEC, CoreELEC fork)0