Android Media server either support for ISO and BDMV
I was hoping Plex would be my solution to connect and stream in kodi but I realised that Plex do t support ISO / BDMV in Plex server
I have alankrt 50+ titles which are still ISO and I want to stream them in kodi , which media server I should connect to if not Plex
Will emby support with DV and atmos / dts x
(2023-09-11, 11:22)amitanubha Wrote: I was hoping Plex would be my solution to connect and stream in kodi but I realised that Plex do t support ISO / BDMV in Plex server
I have alankrt 50+ titles which are still ISO and I want to stream them in kodi , which media server I should connect to if not Plex
Will emby support with DV and atmos / dts x

I can't speak for Emby supporting ISOs.  Jellyfin may be an option but I don't know about ISO support.  I don't see any mention on the Jellyfin website.  There are Jellyfin users here who may be able to answer.

You might want to look at Mezzmo .  It supports ISO files with atmos / dts.  DV will be passed through if you disable transcoding for the client you are using for playback.  Whether your client supports DV is a different story.   It will still play just without the DV capability.  For Kodi I maintain the Mezzmo Kodi addon and can answer questions.  The support forum is here.

Update

I forgot a few things on my original response. 

• It is likely for any streaming server that your ISO files are not encrypted. 
  • Looking at Mezzmo playing of ISOs is part of their Pro license features not the free license.
  • Mezzmo runs on Microsoft Windows whether natively on a virtual machine.  It also can run under WINE on Linux.

You might seriously consider just ripping these ISOs out to video files.  That will give you more options.  I originally did some ISO playback with Mezzmo but instead went to the ripping approach.  Also if you are looking for ISO menus and sharing your options are even less. 

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
ive never had luck with bluray backups as folder or iso in any capacity beyond hoping it will pick the largest M2TS and have it be the correct one

but from a technical standpoint it doesn't make logical sense to stream an ISO or BDMV folder

as for a BDMV folder -
if you are wanting the full blu ray menu experience it is still going to require client side support, the menus are not going to run on the streaming server as they are ran in java
at best you will stream the largest m2ts file from the BDMV folder

then you get to an ISO and i don't see how you intend to "stream" or mount an ISO filesystem over an HTTPS connection in order to perform the above

you would have a client trying to read chunks from an ISO over HTTPS and try to jump around in it to the various index pointers

as i said, from a technical standpoint this makes no sense

if you want a streaming server then put your media in a streaming format - mkv, mp4

if you want to serve files (iso, bdmv) use a fileserver - smb, nfs

-----

jellyfin is based on emby - https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/about/
(2023-09-11, 17:48)jepsizofye Wrote: ive never had luck with bluray backups as folder or iso in any capacity beyond hoping it will pick the largest M2TS and have it be the correct one

but from a technical standpoint it doesn't make logical sense to stream an ISO or BDMV folder

you would have a client trying to read chunks from an ISO over HTTPS and try to jump around in it to the various index pointers

as i said, from a technical standpoint this makes no sense

if you want a streaming server then put your media in a streaming format - mkv, mp4

Mezzmo finds the m2ts entries and adds them automatically to its database.  You can filter on size (i.e. don't populate anything less than 15 minutes) etc..   I never had any problems playing ISOs but I honestly only tested for a few weeks and moved away from that approach.  I concur that a streaming file format is much better. 

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-09-11, 18:00)jbinkley60 Wrote: Mezzmo finds the m2ts entries and adds them automatically to its database.  You can filter on size (i.e. don't populate anything less than 15 minutes) etc..

this will cause issues eventually with certainty as not all bluray will have a single chunk for the main title

for example i recently backed up a movie where it was multi-language, the movie was split into 2 chunks
- the first chunk was 1 of 3 files which were the first 4 minutes of the movie up to and including the title screen, the title screen on the 3 chunks was in 3 different text languages
- if i had chosen the first largest and longest i would be missing the first 4 minutes because the second chunk was post title-screen to the end of the movie
- if it picks up the 2 chunks then it would most certainly choose the first one from the first set, which would have been in the wrong language for the title screen

as well, lionsgate in particular loves (LOVES) to split up a movie to mess with pirates and can have 1000 index entries all with different orders of 10 files
- and if played in the wrong order the timeline is bad, the audio is messed up, will contain invalid entries etc.
- if this is not selected from the index then the largest longest m2ts will be devoid of the first 15-20m of a movie
(2023-09-11, 18:13)jepsizofye Wrote: this will cause issues eventually with certainty as not all bluray will have a single chunk for the main title

for example i recently backed up a movie where it was multi-language, the movie was split into 2 chunks
- the first chunk was 1 of 3 files which were the first 4 minutes of the movie up to and including the title screen, the title screen on the 3 chunks was in 3 different text languages
- if i had chosen the first largest and longest i would be missing the first 4 minutes because the second chunk was post title-screen to the end of the movie
- if it picks up the 2 chunks then it would most certainly choose the first one from the first set, which would have been in the wrong language for the title screen

as well, lionsgate in particular loves (LOVES) to split up a movie to mess with pirates and can have 1000 index entries all with different orders of 10 files
- and if played in the wrong order the timeline is bad, the audio is messed up, will contain invalid entries etc.
- if this is not selected from the index then the largest longest m2ts will be devoid of the first 15-20m of a movie

I don't recall whether Mezzmo scans the stream (m2ts files) or the playlist ( mpls files) folder to dissect what is in an ISO.  I may load up a Blu-Ray ISO on my test system and see.  I believe it is the mpls files and to your point the Lionsgate obfuscation approach would make that challenging without an algorithm to determine which is the proper playlist.  This is what the ripper folks spend a lot of time handling.  The bottom line this is why ripping out what you want is better and more consistent and deterministic.

Jeff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media server either support for ISO and BDMV0