Solved Nonstop refresh and rotating concentric circles music pages.
I'm gonna cry uncle on this one, did not see similar posted...

Nonstop refresh and rotating concentric circles on music pages for artists, albums, songs, etc.

I have a massive music library on server (dell poweredge / xigmanas / gbit network / all hardwired), Kodi box is plenty speedy HP z230 on SSD.

Any time I navigate to any of the music pages for artists, albums, songs, etc. It seems like a constant refresh is occurring with the blue rotating concentric circles constantly popping up creating a navigation lag while the circles spin, then disappear. The cycle constantly repeats every 4 seconds, ad infinitum.

Others experience? Is it a constant "library scan or refresh" Am I missing a config setting someplace (in expert mode).

Tips/guidance most appreciated?
(2024-01-26, 04:31)2WheelSteel Wrote: Any time I navigate to any of the music pages for artists, albums, songs, etc. It seems like a constant refresh is occurring
Have you scanned the music into the library? Or are you just navigating your source folders?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for jumping in...

I have performed a full scan. The event occurs whilst navigating within the KODI interface.

(2024-01-26, 05:19)2WheelSteel Wrote: I have performed a full scan.
Let's see what the system is doing. Why it needs to cache the artwork each time you visit.
Provide a Debug Log that captures you browsing the library and playing one or two songs.
Remember to enable debug mode.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You got it, log posted...

KODI Log File

https://paste.kodi.tv/witadosaxa.kodi
(2024-01-26, 06:11)2WheelSteel Wrote: You got it, log posted...
Thanks. Unfortunately you have too many Banned Add-ons (wiki) installed for me to ignore. Plus the fact that some of those addons are throwing up errors.
I can't support that log or your install while those Banned Add-ons (wiki) are installed.

Go to C:\Users\Human\AppData\Roaming\
Rename the Kodi folder to Kodi-Old
Restart Kodi.
Set up your Music Source again.
Are you still experiencing the same problem?
My Signature
Ha! Years of add-ons I noodled around with. At this point I dont use them, they were not that great anyway, and never used them after satisfying my curiosity. 
I was just too lazy to get rid of them. But I'm motivated now and just cleansed my KODI.

I first removed all the junk apps in doing so the constant refresh and blue concentric circles stopped their insanity, after the third or fourth add-o, but I just kept deleting all the junk add-ons, the repos and sources.

Re-scanning music but so far all seems good, the full tag scan is gonna take a bunch of hours, so I'll check again after that and report back.
I can report that the demons have been removed. All looks and behaves as it should.

Many thanks for the assist!
Now you can see why just randomly installing 3rd party stuff is not recommended!

Thread marked solved.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nonstop refresh and rotating concentric circles music pages.0