v21 Confluence (Omega)
Thanks axbmcuser.
I'm using a new Sony TV 4K system and noticed when I click on download subtitles the right side window opens but is totally unstable using a mouse. Is this a Confluence issue or Kodi?
@reddirt

If i vaguely(!) remember correctly, (Original) Confluence had some issues with the mouse-hitareas while using the subtitles download dialog.

I reworked mouse usablity for the subtitles download dialog some time ago in Confluence ZEITGEIST. You could give it a try and see if the dialog is easier to use there while using a mouse.

Feel free to let me know what the results are.

Cheers
猬咃笍猬咃笍 Leave 馃憤 on useful posts聽 路聽 axbmcuser REPO (Easy install)聽 路聽 Confluence ZEITGEIST (intuitive UI for Kodi)
(2024-08-08, 22:44)reddirt Wrote: I'm using a new Sony TV 4K system and noticed when I click on download subtitles the right side window opens but is totally unstable using a mouse.
Unusable how? I just tested it and it opens and lets me select from different providers.
In my memory there were situations where the "provider-siderbar" might unintentionally closes because the hit detection wasn't always reliable - essentially causing losing control over the sidebar and it "flickers" into and out of the view while moving the mouse.

(Which might not even be a skins fault, but could be root-caused by the trickyness of animated focus/hitarea-detection in general.

I encountered similar things with the "out-of-view" animated generic (left) sidebar in Confluence and Confluence ZEITGEIST.
I tried mitigating such situations with some changes to hitareas, buttons and conditions.

But it's been a very long time - therefore take it with a grain of salt. :-)
猬咃笍猬咃笍 Leave 馃憤 on useful posts聽 路聽 axbmcuser REPO (Easy install)聽 路聽 Confluence ZEITGEIST (intuitive UI for Kodi)
(2024-08-09, 01:10)axbmcuser Wrote: In my memory there were situations where the "provider-siderbar" might unintentionally closes because the hit detection wasn't always reliable - essentially causing losing control over the sidebar and it "flickers" into and out of the view while moving the mouse.

(Which might not even be a skins fault, but could be root-caused by the trickyness of animated focus/hitarea-detection in general.

I encountered similar things with the "out-of-view" animated generic (left) sidebar in Confluence and Confluence ZEITGEIST.
I tried mitigating such situations with some changes to hitareas, buttons and conditions.

But it's been a very long time - therefore take it with a grain of salt. :-)
"the "provider-siderbar" might unintentionally closes because the hit detection wasn't always reliable - essentially causing losing control over the sidebar and it "flickers" into and out of the view while moving the mouse." That description is exactly what I experienced. I'll try your suggestion and get back to you. Thanks.
The window slides open but I lose mouse control and the window flickers as the previous post described. The menu become unusable and difficult to exit.
I'll try and redesign it but could someone please report it on GitHub so I don't forget.

https://github.com/xbmc/skin.confluence/issues
Done
@Hitcher

A bit busy these weeks, but i just had a quick look at the DialogSubtitles.xml of CZ again and refreshed my memory at least a little.

I remember spending quite some time on ensuring that hit detection works quite well with said changes for both the provider-sidebar and global sidebar since i find flickery mouse control issues quite nerve-wracking even considering i don't use mouse control myself on any live systems. :-)

Since DialogSubtitles.xml is not that complex of a file, feel free to just have a look and essentially ~1:1 adapt how it's done there. Should be very stable without having to spend time on looking for improvement-fixes from scratch.
Might also be a good idea (if not too much time consuming) to move the provider-sidebar to the left in Confluence while at it. (might be even easier since CZ code is already tailored at sidebar animations of a "left"-sidebar)

Cheers
Thanks to both of you.
Just a side note here. I discovered today that Kodi itself is set to display at 1080 resolution and I had my display setting @4k which was unnecessary as I understand it. 4k content is still played at 4k and the Subtitles download menu popup works just fine with no issues so problem solved! So much to learn and so little time..
I've updated it anyway and removed the need to slide out the side menu, as well as improving the layout.

Thumbs Up 
Much appreciate your efforts to keep this skin alive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence (Omega)0