Android A TV running Android 11,resolve playback stuttering issues.
I installed Kodi 20.5 on my Vidda new X85 TV. When trying to play large-sized media files from my NAS using SMB, I encountered stuttering issues, with a prompt message stating, "Source is too slow, the reading rate is too low to maintain continuous playback." After searching online, I found that modifying the "advancedsettings.xml" file located in the "Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/" directory could potentially solve the problem. My Vidda TV has 4GB of memory, so I intended to follow the online instructions and modify the "memorysize" value in the "advancedsettings.xml" file to 314572800 and set "buffermode" to 6.
     However, since my Vidda TV runs on Android 11, the "Android/data/" directory is not accessible directly. I've tried using MT Manager, ES File Explorer, and ADB debugging tools, but none of them have worked. Currently, there is no available root method as well. Therefore, I'm unable to modify the content of the "advancedsettings.xml" file, and my issue remains unresolved.
    I would like to ask if there are any other solutions to fix the stuttering issue during playback. Is there a modified version of Kodi that I can install directly without any further modifications?
    How have you tackled similar situations? I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you!
A lot of those advanced settings have been moved to Service Settings for Omega so it might be worth updating to v21.0 RC1.
Use KODI internal file manager:
1. open KODI file manager
2. add source
3. click the line that says "<none>"
4. manually enter "special://home"
    - for all paths available see here https://kodi.wiki/view/Special_protocol

​​​​    Because KODI has access to it's own files, but external file managers not longer have access to /android/data/ folders starting with Android 11 & its new data protection protocols.

You can manually place your advancedsettings.xml in /Downloads folder and then inside KODI copy the XML into special://home/userdata which is the same as /.kodi/userdata , as long as KODI has been granted Storage access permission beforehand you can access the default folders like Downloads while inside KODI. Of course, KODI will need a restart(Force-Close) after copying the file over.
Thank you. This method is feasible. Thank you very much. Also, I would like to ask you a question. My TV is MTK9653, with 4GB of memory and 64GB of storage space. Now after setting the cache to 500M, playing movies larger than 20G still causes stuttering. I don't know if it's the hardware or there's a configuration problem.
Thank you. The method of replacing files has been solved using the "ricklar" method. I will also try the v21.0 RC1 version another day.
Faced the same issue. I installed Openwizard that does some modification to that file too, but I'm not sure if it worked. Will try this, as I installed v21 Omega yesterday. My TV is Philips 55PUD7906/77, it has very low resources: 4gb storage and 1.5 gb (or less) RAM, at least that what I can see from Kodi and Aida app.
(2024-03-28, 05:09)fedes_gl Wrote: I installed Openwizard

Just FYI, that's a banned addon (wiki) around here for what else it contains and the damage it can do.
Having it on your device means that no support would be offered here for it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yes, I've read about that. Thanks for clarifying it.
I updated my tv SO and did a factory reset. After that I installed Kodi v21 Omega, and did not install that add on. I found the way to edit the .XML files accessing from Kodi using the special:// path. Lesson learned

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A TV running Android 11,resolve playback stuttering issues.0