Using user-defined plugin information in another addon?
Hi, I've got an addon that queries the Kodi library for various fanarts to create a bunch of globally available background slide shows.

I've had some requests to enable people to use custom plugin sources for background artwork e.g. tmdbhelper lists.

I can do this on a local basis by using skin.shortcuts in my skinsettings to let someone choose a custom path within their own video add-ons, then pass this to a skin string that is used as the content path for a container. 

But ideally I want this to be persistent across windows. Is there a way to somehow parse the data from a plugin source, i.e. a list of fanarts, say, from a tmdb helper list, into my own addon?
The other way I can think of to do this, which is a bit messy, is to have a local container on all windows where I need the global fanart to be available. And then I use my addon to poll this for a new fanart path every x seconds. And then pass that value to a window prop. It's a bit roundabout but would, I think in theory, allow for some persistence of backgrounds during window changes.

Or alternatively, to have a container with the relevant source on the home screen and then to try and capture a bunch of listitem fanarts at once from my addon then nrecycle through these until next time the home screen is visited...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using user-defined plugin information in another addon?0