Solved Videoplayer Next and Previous not working
Hi there,

Thank you for creating this beautiful skin. It took me sometime to figure out all the settings. A pdf manual would be handy. There is one problem I cant' solve. When clicking on the next and previous (file or movie) buttons in the video player nothing happens. I checked with other skins and all is fine. Is this a bug or am I missing something in the settings?

Thanks,
Uri
(2024-05-15, 20:32)Uri4u Wrote: Hi there,

Thank you for creating this beautiful skin. It took me sometime to figure out all the settings. A pdf manual would be handy. There is one problem I cant' solve. When clicking on the next and previous (file or movie) buttons in the video player nothing happens. I checked with other skins and all is fine. Is this a bug or am I missing something in the settings?

Thanks,
Uri

Thanks, I may make a webpage guide when I have time. Do the screenshots in the settings help at all? Was there anything in particular that wasn't clear?

Regarding the problem do you mean the video players osd (play, pause, next, previous etc. buttons for next/previous aren't doing anything?)

What sort of content are you trying to play? I'll check against estuary code to see if I'm doing anything different
(2024-05-15, 21:33)realcopacetic Wrote:

Thanks,
Uri

Thanks, I may make a webpage guide when I have time. Do the screenshots in the settings help at all? Was there anything in particular that wasn't clear?

Regarding the problem do you mean the video players osd (play, pause, next, previous etc. buttons for next/previous aren't doing anything?)

What sort of content are you trying to play? I'll check against estuary code to see if I'm doing anything different
A website guide would be very helpful. And yes, the screenshots in the settings make things clear. It would be nice to see more help text in the settings menu. For me it wasn't clear how to set up items the main menu. And that you had to add files to  the menu item to see it appear on the main menu. I also miss an all files item where I can preview pictures and video files together. 

Yes, the video player OSD buttons next/previous aren't doing anything. I try to play regular video files in 1 folder. MP4, mkv etc. Alle OSD buttons work except next/previous.

Thanks, for your quick reply!
(2024-05-15, 22:32)Uri4u Wrote:
(2024-05-15, 21:33)realcopacetic Wrote:

Thanks,
Uri

A website guide would be very helpful. And yes, the screenshots in the settings make things clear. It would be nice to see more help text in the settings menu. For me it wasn't clear how to set up items the main menu. And that you had to add files to  the menu item to see it appear on the main menu. I also miss an all files item where I can preview pictures and video files together. 

Yes, the video player OSD buttons next/previous aren't doing anything. I try to play regular video files in 1 folder. MP4, mkv etc. Alle OSD buttons work except next/previous.

Ok I checked the Kodi command and if your video has chapters, next/previous should go forward/back through these.

If you have a playlist, next/previous should go forward/back through the playlist items.

If no chapters and no playlist are present, you're right that my next button doesn't do anything when clicked. In estuary in this scenario it is hidden. I've updated mine in 1.3.8 so that, in this scenario, it will do a big step forward (default 10 mins but configurable in Kodi) instead of nothing.

The strange one is the previous button because if there are no chapters or playlist present, pressing it should take you back to the start of the playing video. Does this not happen for you?

What different behavior do you see in other skins?
(2024-05-16, 00:14)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2024-05-15, 22:32)Uri4u Wrote:
(2024-05-15, 21:33)realcopacetic Wrote: Thanks, I may make a webpage guide when I have time. Do the screenshots in the settings help at all? Was there anything in particular that wasn't clear?

Ok I checked the Kodi command and if your video has chapters, next/previous should go forward/back through these.

If you have a playlist, next/previous should go forward/back through the playlist items.

If no chapters and no playlist are present, you're right that my next button doesn't do anything when clicked. In estuary in this scenario it is hidden. I've updated mine in 1.3.8 so that, in this scenario, it will do a big step forward (default 10 mins but configurable in Kodi) instead of nothing.

The strange one is the previous button because if there are no chapters or playlist present, pressing it should take you back to the start of the playing video. Does this not happen for you?

What different behavior do you see in other skins?
So sorry. I made a mistake. Until now I used Kodi to watch addon content and my Dune mediaplayer and to watch folders with movie and picture files. Because of the beautiful look and feel of your skin I decided to watch movies, series etc with Kodi. I was so used to use the previous/next buttons in the Dune OS to watch content in a folder that I thought Kodi would behave in the same way. I didn't know you have to make a playlist when using Kodi to watch content this way. With a playlist all buttons in your skin work fine! Problem solved Wink

Yes, you are right. The previous button takes me back to the start position. Implementing the 10 min forward option is a good idea. Thank you for all your help and creating this skin.
Ah great, thanks for replying! I'll mark this as solved. Enjoy and please feel free to share any more feedback! I'm going to make a wiki on the GitHub for the skin at some point soon detailing all the features and options

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videoplayer Next and Previous not working0