Android KODI crashes on NVIDIA Shield after pausing or changing the audiotrack
Hi everyone,

since a few weeks I'm experiencing regular crashes of the KODI App on my NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019).
Occassionaly the app crashes when I change audiotracks, but more oftenly it happens when pausing a movie.
When I return after 1-2 minutes and hit play, the movie plays for a few seconds, but without sound, then the whole app isn't responding and the Shield restarts automatically.

Has anyone experienced something similar or has any advise?
I haven't changed any parts of my setup and it has been running smoothly for years.
But this issue keeps ruining the movie nights :-(

Thanks.
My Shield Pro and Kodi have been solid for sometime now and I'm always pausing or changing audio tracks.

Please provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Thanks for your answer.
I implemented the recommended settings for KODI and the Nvidia Shield and wasn't able to reproduce the problem.
Fingers crossed that it is fixed now.

Will post again if the issue returns.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI crashes on NVIDIA Shield after pausing or changing the audiotrack0