All Add-ons fail to install
Please forgive me if this is a FAQ, but there is SO much info on Kodi that even after reviewing the threads available, I can’t find anything that looks relevant.

I’m interested in Kodi as a music server.  I’ve gotten Kodi to find and play my music files, and now I want to add the ability to access Internet radio stations.  I’ve tried to get several of the Add-ons, and they all say “Installation failed”.  This is, of course, unhelpful.  Some posts seem to suggest enabling error logging, but this seems only to write the result of the last action on top of the Kodi screen, and from what I read isn’t very helpful either.

I’m running Kodi on LibreElec on an RPi 5 w 8 Gb, and a 52Pi NVDAC, using the latest distro from RaspberryPi.org.  I can SSH into Kodi from my PC (that’s how I installed the DAC reference in the config file).

I’m sure this is some kind of newbie error, but I’m frankly baffled.  Looking through the Wiki hasn’t helped, so I’m currently stuck.  Please someone point me to something to try to at least determine the problem, if not solve it.
Thanks,
     Greg
You have to go into settings and enable unknown sources
Unknown sources were already enabled.  Even loading individual dependencies, say for BBC Podcasts, results in Installation Failed.
Even the Log Viewer for Kodi fails—and it has no dependencies at all and is in the Kodi repo.
      Greg
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
When I installed my most recent LibreElec image, it took a while before everything had updated itself to the point where add-ons would download and install. I pulled my hair out to find the problem, then walked away in disgust without switching the RPi off. The next morning the problem had disappeared and everything was working as intended.

If in your case it doesn't, maybe this is a question for the LibreElec forum.

// FvW
Well, that hastebin page is certainly unfriendly.  Nevertheless, I was able to paste the text of the kodi.log file generated when debug was turned on, and it generated this URL:

https://paste.kodi.tv/cobokuduza.kodi

Presumably this is where my pasted text now resides.

As context, I enabled debugging, then rebooted, followed by navigating to the Add-Ons, and attempting to add the BBC Podcasts add-on.  As before, this resulted in Installation Failed.  Following that, I captured the kodi.log file on my PC, and then pasted it into hastebin. 

I hope this is what was asked for, and that nothing munged the file (though that seems unlikely, since it is simply a text file).
I will add that I have seen several times an error message that there was insufficient storage space to save a file.  This is highly unlikely, since I have a 2 Tb SSD in the NVRAM hat.  However, I am suspicious that the partitioning of that drive was not appropriate, so that could be one source of problems.  I have no idea how, within Kodi, I can figure that out.

Thanks for any help you can provide.  My Linux skills are practically non-existent, so a lot of this installation process has been blindly following cookbook processes and hoping they work.  It has provided the ability to play music files, but ground to a halt when it came to the Add-ons.
           Greg
I’m stalled on this problem. If anyone has suggestions please post them here.
Thanks.
Greg
Quote:2024-07-23 08:30:56.820 T:1488 error <general>: SQL: [Addons33.db] SQLite error SQLITE_FULL (database or disk is full)

The log would indicate that your devices storage is full?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I saw the Disk Full errors in the log, but I didn't know if they pertained to the same partition that the Add-ons would go into.

I used Raspberry Pi imager to create the bootable on the SSD (which as I said before is 2TB, so obviously has enough space).  Obviously, this didn't create a partition of appropriate size. 
But as I said before, I don't know diddley about Linux, so I don't know how to control the size of the partition that is created.  Is there some switch or option available in Imager to create the bootable?  Is there some other application/process that would be preferable?  Or is there just somewhere where all these kinds of questions are answered where I could learn more by reading about it?  I'm not looking for someone to do everything for me, but I frankly haven't got the foggiest idea how to proceed from here.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
     Greg
It's not something I've ever personally done (both my LE Pi's run from SD cards), but if I remember correctly you set the target storage media when you use the imager.

LE will install into two partitions I think - one smaller one for the booting and the larger one (should be the rest of the storage media) for the playable media storage itself and stuff like addons.

As noted above, as this is a specific question about LE installation, it would be better taken up on their forums - https://forum.libreelec.tv/
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All Add-ons fail to install0