compile error SVN 18897
Hi,
I compile xbmc via svn 18897. It fails to compile with the following error:
Code:
xbmc/lib/libsmb/libsmbclient-i486-linux.a(access.o): In function `string_match':
access.c:(.text+0x5c7): undefined reference to `yp_get_default_domain'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1

Old version svn 17906 successful compile. No error Sad
Make sure yuo have all deps per the readme. The make clean; make dist clean; ./configure; make; sudo make install

If that doesn't work make really clean and then svn up followed by ./configure; make; sudo make install.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I'm having exactly the same problem, but i'm using latest stable release:
XBMC_9.04_Babylon-linux-osx-win32.tar.bz2

All deps are installed. The undefined reference `yp_get_default_domain' should either be provided by glibc(-devel) or libnsl, all of these are installed but the error is still there.

Any fix for this problem in sight?
What distro? You're going to have to try a little harder than that.
This is with mandriva 2009.1. What do you mean exactly by trying harder?

I'll try again with latest svn checkout if i find some time. But nevertheless - as mandriva forces some stricter policies on compiling software since two releases, the root cause of this problem is normally that the software or some autotools script is broken.

Or maybe is there a way to disable compilaton of the supplied libsmbclient and use the system library for that?
There are problems with the system lib ATM. It will abort on close if there are file handles open. At least that's my assumption after a brief look into the matter. Regardless, it's no solution for now.

What's your libc version? I'd be more interested in why libnsl needs explicitly linked on your system. It's pulled in here fine on ubuntu 9.04. I've heard conflicting reports on gentoo. No arch folks have bitched yet (HUGE surprise TBH).
Code:
$ rg libc-
glibc-2.9-0.20081113.5mnb2
glibc-static-devel-2.9-0.20081113.5mnb2
glibc-devel-2.9-0.20081113.5mnb2

libnsl is no standalone library in mandriva, it's contained in glibc packages:
Code:
$ urpmf libnsl | sort
anonftp:/var/ftp/lib/libnsl-2.8.so
anonftp:/var/ftp/lib/libnsl.so.1
glibc-devel:/usr/lib/libnsl.so
glibc:/lib/libnsl-2.9.so
glibc:/lib/libnsl.so.1
glibc-profile:/usr/lib/libnsl_p.a
glibc-static-devel:/usr/lib/libnsl.a
uClibc-devel:/usr/i586-linux-uclibc/usr/lib/libnsl.so
uClibc-static-devel:/usr/i586-linux-uclibc/usr/lib/libnsl.a
uClibc-static-devel:/usr/i586-linux-uclibc/usr/lib/libnsl_pic.a
uClibc:/usr/i586-linux-uclibc/lib/libnsl-0.9.28.so
uClibc:/usr/i586-linux-uclibc/lib/libnsl.so.0
Build from latest svn works flawlessly, so seems a problem with latest stable release (9.04)
May i ask what the reason for this repack was?
I'd say it was not there the last time i downloaded the stable sources.
The repack was for win32. It didn't compile from the tag.

Can someone post a command line for the link stage for xbmc.bin. ie the big ass line just before the error. There's no reason to have to explicitly link to libnsl.
Maybe you misunderstood a bit, i didn't link explicitly to libnsl, it just failed at the linking stage, whatever the reason was. The interesting thing is, i have installed no packages in between, and tried to rebuild with the 9.04.1 repack and it also compiled flawlessly.

I'll investigate further in this matter, will post my results if i get the error again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
compile error SVN 188970