Music in XBMC (Mediastream Skin)
When in XBMC under Music, is there a way I can get it to shuffle? I love XBMC and want to fully switch over and never have to use iTunes again.

When browsing in Library mode, I dont see anything. Not until I go into file mode can I see my artists.

Once there, I have to click into each artist before I can see the album art.

Is there a way to browse and see the Album art but have the organized by artist?
context menu > now playing, shuffle should be available somewhere, it's skin dependent.

Can't possibly know what's wrong with the lib w/o a full debug log of an update attempt. Use pastebin.com .
Just guessing, but it sounds like your library is not populated yet. When you're in the file viewer, you need to choose scan content to library from the context menu.

Also, the view (showcase I think) that you're using is not exactly the most intuitive for navigation music, IMO. Try switching over to a list view until you get things working the way you want.

I've got 24k+ songs in the library right now and use it extensively.
ah thanks! I got it now :p
I am using MediaInfoPlus for getting my movie posters and for my TV shows. Its working great! The problem is that when I use it to look up my music album covers, it doesnt show every album.

Example:

It can find covers for A Perfect Circle albums "e Motive" and "Thirteenth Step" but not for "Mer de Noms"..

Is there another program I can use to get my album art?
mccorkled Wrote:I am using MediaInfoPlus for getting my movie posters and for my TV shows. Its working great! The problem is that when I use it to look up my music album covers, it doesnt show every album.

Example:

It can find covers for A Perfect Circle albums "e Motive" and "Thirteenth Step" but not for "Mer de Noms"..

Is there another program I can use to get my album art?

I actually use iTunes for that. It also does a great job of keeping my directory structure the way I want it. Or, do it it manually. mp3tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/) is what I use to keep my tags straight. Helps with fixing common problems like band names (ie. The Bouncing Souls, Bouncing Souls, and Bouncing Souls, The)

I've never messed with MediaInfoPlus, but I've heard good things about it and Ember Media Manager as well.
can you please elaborate how you get iTunes to download the album art? I mean I know how to do it in iTunes, but where does the album art go to?
I still havent been able to figure out a good way to do this other then to manually find the album art on google and save it as folder.jpg

Once I get some music playing, are there any visualizations like Windows media player has?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music in XBMC (Mediastream Skin)0