Bastard DVD tray get in!
when i press the load/eject button to load the tray it often stuck and remain open. i have to press the button again and again until it loads, or i have to push the tray manually.

anobody else got this problem? any suggestion about how i can fix it? thanx all very much! :kickass:
strange. what kind of dvdrom is this?
is it a modified samsung dvd?
oh, sorry, forgot to mention it. it is a samsung, but it is not modified. her, what do you mean with "modified" ? i just lifted away to touch the motherbord and then i put it back in place.
about a hundred times Smile
but i never opened it.

thank you
the modified samsung is a samsung pc dvdrom drive (616t - i think, search for it) that has been modded to work in an xbox-loads of tuts out there, requires some skill.

basically i think u may have damaged your drive or the cable that connects it to the board, the yellow one with lots of wires Smile (hundred times, was itHuh)

try borrowing someone else drive and testing it out on your box, also the yellow cable. try them seperately to isolate the problem.

once you figure it out u can source a new drive or cable( or maybe even fix yours)
well, not thousand times, but a good dozen. :lol:
so i will check the yellow cable and i'll try with the drive of another box too.
i suppose it is the drive anyway. what i don't know is how to fix it. :veryangry:
yeah i have a samsung too and i have the same problem...the thign is the cd tray opens and close fine when other things are running besides xbmc, but in xbmc the drive opens fine but doesnt close when you push the button. i think maybe xbmc doesnt give enough power to the cd tray.
hmmm not sure but i don't think xbmc is involved in that. i fear it's an hardware problem... am i wrong (hello, devs?)

ty

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bastard DVD tray get in!0